Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hearing they are the ones to go with outside of using the CP's. I don't have the budget for the CP's for my motor project, so looking for the best alternative. I am building a nitrous combo so need a good piston. I hear Mike T. is using them now. Anyone give me some insight? I also heard they are constructed better than the Modmax:J/E pistons. Pros/Cons?

·
Registered
100 Posts
The Diamond pistons will be a quiet piston due to the offset pin which is to ONLY address noise. ModMax's accomplish this with skirt design. Constructed better? I don't know about that considering they sent one of my friends a -35cc dish for a Lightning which made the compression 6.23 :1. I guess they don't know deck heights over there for a 5.4.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can't comment on the Diamond Pistons, as I used the CP 17cc pistons in my engine. The CP's are as quite as stock in my +.020 application using a new 03 Romeo block. I know diamond has a good rep in the pushrod world. Mike.............

:cool:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have heard that the first batches of Diamond pistons that hit the shelf, were sent out with the wrong labeling. The 17cc dished were in actuality a 35cc dish.

Gee wonder how much boost would be necessary to compensate for 6:1 compression^^^^^^^?

joe

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey Chad, how you been?

Just hanging out, got engaged, work is crazy, Lightning is running strong, and I am still cool!

joe

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RavenGT said:
I have heard that the first batches of Diamond pistons that hit the shelf, were sent out with the wrong labeling. The 17cc dished were in actuality a 35cc dish.

Gee wonder how much boost would be necessary to compensate for 6:1 compression^^^^^^^?

joe
A really big turbo :D

Ok, DP's are going in the new motor. using 5cc dish pistons to get the compression where I want it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts