Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing some work on a few mod motors, and thought I'd share a few pictures with the crowd here @ Modular Fords. I have a simplified way of removing valve springs... No more knicked cam lobes, or the tool slipping off the retainer.... This spring compressor makes things so much easier, and safer. I'll be shipping the heads off tomorrow to have them CNC ported. Once I get them back, I'll press in the bronze guides, and do a valve job. Brian Tooley Racing provided the spring kit. Mark @ Bullet Cams received my order Tuesday for the custom grinds, and they were delivered today. Can't beat service like that!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found it online (EuroExport). I'm going to use the idea, and build one to work on my 3V. From what I could tell last night, it should work as is on a 4V engine (excludes Coyote)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
thats a good find. those valve springs are a pain to get out

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've torn these things down many ways, but the tool made it super easy to remove the springs. I'm working on building a depth micrometer just for the 4.6L/5.4L heads. The beehive spring mic that comp has will not fit in the spring pocket. It's too large in diameter, so I'm having a local machine shop build me one. I'm tired of having to use the overall height minus retainer thickness to get the installed heights correct. Too much time is consumed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts