Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some track testing this weekend with the Speed Pro and the FAST EDIS. It provided to work flashlessly. I took the car up over 8000 every pass and it worked like a charm. Overall the cars coming around as well and it's just a matter of matching everything up correctly (Converter, tuneup, gears, more boost). Heres a recap of what happened.

1st pass - [email protected] Shifted at 8100
2nd pass [email protected] Shifted at 8400
3rd pass - [email protected] Shifted at 8800
4th pass - [email protected] Shifted at 8600

With every pass the car was reving quicker, and the car was just plain overich. Better to be safe than sorry. So every pass I took a little out at a time.

On the 5th pass the car rev'd really good thru 1st gear and got out of shape on the top of 1st gear so I had to lift. It would have been in the [email protected] for sure.

It just needs help getting off the line better. The car needs to stall about 250-300 rpms more, and the gears need changed out. The powerglide's 1.76 first gear gives it no torque multiplication off the line. I"m only pulling 1.39-1.41 60 foot times. It should be in the 1.26-1.29 range. It's only running 6.0'[email protected] in the 1/8 and steaming down track really hard.

I"m seeing 2-3 pounds of boost "less" than I did when I had the NOVI. I"m not spinning the F2M hard enough yet. I"m seeing 30 pounds at 8400 (I saw 30 with the NOVI at 7900). Johns going to send me a smaller pulley to try, 4.30's are going in Wednesday, and I'm going to try to clean it up on the transbrake just a little bit more.

I was running [email protected] with the Novi 2000 setup. Even though its still behind in ET I"m running 3 mph faster than I ever did which is very encouraging. I was also running on average 146 thru the traps with the old setup. Now I"ve gone over 152 already. This all contributes to the power of the Procharger F2M.

I"m very confident that the car is on the right track and will run the numbers I want (8.5-6's) as soon as it runs the first part of the track like it needs. It sure does take a lot to get a Mod Motor to run with a powerglide. I'm looking to be back at the track with the car next Saturday with the 4.30's. Then the pulley is going on after that. I think it will be in the 8's the next time out without a pulley change.

I want to again thank Lideo @ Alternative for his help getting the Speed Pro and FAST EDIS to work up to 8800 rpms. Thanks to John Mihovetz with the help on the tuneup over the phone.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
that is great Dave! Glad to hear it is doing well for you. It will be interesting to see how much the 4.30's help.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys

IF I compare apples to apples. I was running [email protected] at the same air with the NOVI/C4/4.30 gears setup. If I back track to what I have now, less boost over most of the RPM band, 4.10's and the powerglide, my old combo would have been reduced to 9.8'[email protected] I just didnt switch blowers. The numbers are very encouraging so far its just a matter of matching the right parts. I'm on track for my goal of [email protected]

·
Registered
32 Posts
Impressive Dave, but there is alot left in it. Hopefully I will have my Cobra back running soon. Let us know how everything turns out.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Congratulations.. those are some great times already! Good luck hitting your goal!:)

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Dave, I give you a lot of credit..You stick with it.
Sometimes i get discusted and i think of you..
You are my Modular Mentor..

·
Registered
257 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
Dave, I give you a lot of credit..You stick with it.
Sometimes i get discusted and i think of you..
You are my Modular Mentor..
I couldnt agree more here, I remember meeting DK in June 99 when he was 1st into the 10s and here he is still troughtin thru the waters. Dave, I do have to say the 1.26-1.29 60ft prob aint gonna happen on a stock suspension car. Outlaw N20 cars with 500+ CUI and Big Shots run those 60fts not 281CUI and blowers cars. JMO but more power to ya if you prove me wrong.

John Marroquin

Skittles Racing

http://home.attbi.com/~sn952kill4/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

Slow Truck

http://home.attbi.com/~buzzlightyear2002/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Buzz Lightyear said:
I couldnt agree more here, I remember meeting DK in June 99 when he was 1st into the 10s and here he is still troughtin thru the waters. Dave, I do have to say the 1.26-1.29 60ft prob aint gonna happen on a stock suspension car. Outlaw N20 cars with 500+ CUI and Big Shots run those 60fts not 281CUI and blowers cars. JMO but more power to ya if you prove me wrong.

John Marroquin

Thanks Jim and John. Well I did 1.29's with a 3 speed. I would hope that at least 1.29's are still doable with a 2 speed and more power. I'm going to try it at least.

It's funny how things change over the years and things come full circle. I couldnt imagine not racing my Cobra. I'd be pretty unhappy working on house chores only. It really gives me something to look forward to, and I hope things work well for me enough to make a few races.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts