Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Keep in mind that we haven't even dynoed this car yet, and the tune has enough fuel in it to run 2 cars. This tune is only a second guess after the baseline tune.
1st pass: 10.18 @ 91 mph Cog belt broke
2nd pass: 9.67 @ 131 mph let up at 1000 ft
3rd pass: 9.02 @ 137 mph Cog belt broke at 1000ft.
The best 60' was on the 3rd pass : 1.351 with a nice wheelie...
OUT OF BELTS ARGH!!!!

The belt problem is due to the tune, it seems the engine coughed on the big end causing a severe thrashing on the belt. I'm sure a closer tune will cure this problem. I'll keep you all posted on some well tuned passes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Very Impressive times. What was changed each pass?

Get those pics online, I would like to check them out. Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually little was changed each pass. Launch RPM's and shift points were changed little by little. We've still got a lot of work left to do, and Jim Summers is doing the tuning next week.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I plan on it. It will be very interesting...:D

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
First time out..Very Encourageing..

Best of luck with setting it up..

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
:jawdrop Holy crap Adam. Just think those heads on my car went 8.1..............in the 1/8 that is! Well, Im so glad that everything is working well for you. I'll give you a call sometime and see how things are going.

Later,
Ashley

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the pics, EA, those pics are great quality, and excellent editing work, I appreciate the time spent.

·
Registered
257 Posts
96blkcobra said:
Sounds like Mr King may have some competition this year!! :D
Well, Tim Palmers car is running SSO this weekend in Ennis. As far as Ive seen its the 1st time out since it was wrecked last yr. It is indeed going to be neat to see who crawls outta the cracks like Palmer did last yr.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts