Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That the sail panel? "the body piece behind the rear side window" ...Is different on our Mach 1's than the other 03 Mustangs, like the Cobra,GT or even V6 Stang. I just noticed this last week....I guess I am alittle slow :D I like the looks of the Mach 1 piece...very nice!

·
Registered
885 Posts
HotRodHarry said:
That the sail panel? "the body piece behind the rear side window" ...Is different on our Mach 1's than the other 03 Mustangs, like the Cobra,GT or even V6 Stang. I just noticed this last week....I guess I am alittle slow :D I like the looks of the Mach 1 piece...very nice!
I believe that the panel is the same as on the Bullitt.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems to be the same as the bullit.....very cool ...thanks....

Here are a pic of the side of my 03 Mach 1 and then my 03 Cobra..

You will see the Mach 1's have a hard over 90 degree bend on the side rear window towards the back and the Cobra and all other Mustangs have that sloping larger curved area towards the back. Hopfully if you stare at the side of the cars you will see the difference. I dont have the time right now to go into photo shop..wife is on my case to UNPACK :D

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Damn it took me forever to figure out what ya'll were talking about:hammer I thought ya'll were talking about that side panel piece right behind the door. I was like, there is no difference.

But in the end I can't believe Ford took the time to make the 2 different. But as far as my opinion goes I like the Mach style better because it goes w/ the edgy/square style of the whole car better than the rounded 03 Cobra rear piece.

Ashley

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yep, it's the same piece as the Bullitt. I believe the correct term is C-pillar. It was done like that to give the car more of a fastback look reminicent of the 69 and 70 Mach 1's.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Wow...great comparison. Unbelievable how similar the two cars are...but still different. I had no idea about the wheels being so similar. Never really did my research but Ford sure did.

Ashley

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mach1Maniac said:
Yep, it's the same piece as the Bullitt. I believe the correct term is C-pillar. It was done like that to give the car more of a fastback look reminicent of the 69 and 70 Mach 1's.
Exactly...

BTW nice numbers...327 RWHP :king

1 - 8 of 8 Posts