Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ran 2 weeks ago at Beech Bend my list of mods then were UPR offroad X, and a JLP Ram Air with removed headlight! Best et then was a 12.74 @112.5. everything else stock and on F1's! Today we go to the track slightly worse conditions, but now I have added the Accufab throttle body with inlet and a Mac Catback (2-1/2) my best mph today was 111.7, most the other were in the 110 range. I feel I have the best intake setup in the JLP and supposedly the Mac Catback makes the most power, and the offroad X, I feel my car should be trapping in the 114-115 range, my best 60 ever is 2.08. It seems to me my car is to freed up if U know what I mean, Oh and also today I noticed my car would bog or hiccup in between shifts even with the boost bypass unplugged, hell this car went 111 bone stock silencer and all albeit in cool air last fall!! Whats up with it, like I said it seems to freed up in the intake and exhaust dept. maybe a pulley and chip will wake it up more than most??? All ideas and thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks Trey

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hmmm maybe the off road x pipe doesnt provide enough back pressure when running stock boost?

·
Registered
132 Posts
trey193 said:
We ran 2 weeks ago at Beech Bend my list of mods then were UPR offroad X, and a JLP Ram Air with removed headlight! Best et then was a 12.74 @112.5. everything else stock and on F1's! Today we go to the track slightly worse conditions, but now I have added the Accufab throttle body with inlet and a Mac Catback (2-1/2) my best mph today was 111.7, most the other were in the 110 range. I feel I have the best intake setup in the JLP and supposedly the Mac Catback makes the most power, and the offroad X, I feel my car should be trapping in the 114-115 range, my best 60 ever is 2.08. It seems to me my car is to freed up if U know what I mean, Oh and also today I noticed my car would bog or hiccup in between shifts even with the boost bypass unplugged, hell this car went 111 bone stock silencer and all albeit in cool air last fall!! Whats up with it, like I said it seems to freed up in the intake and exhaust dept. maybe a pulley and chip will wake it up more than most??? All ideas and thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks Trey
yep the track conditions and high humidity were not good for us as i trapped a best of 111.94 on a 13.35 run and my best et was a 13.27 @110.03 with a shi**y 2.288 60 ft time.naturally my best 60 ft of the day a 2.20 came on the run i missed 3rd gear:( i should of not fueled up when we stopped on the way down as i was running at the track with 3/4 of a tank that might of cost us 1 mph.of my 6 runs the car was consistent on the top end as i was trapping in the 111 mph range 4 of those 6 passes.i would not feel to bad as with a better prepped track, lower humidity and less fuel load the times would of been alot better.i wanted so badly to leave there with a 12 sec pass but the track or me did not have it on that day but there will be another day for sure when i get my puley,chip ect ect and even if i have to take my own vht compound to make it happen as none was layed down when we were there sat:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah Ray I talked with Rick about the offroad pipe, he said the same thing you did, I would say the car is setup for more boost which was my plan in the first place, I'm calling Rick Monday, I bought my car with the JDM interchangeable pulleys in the box never opened just sitting in the trunk, I am going with one of those and the chip! I am thinking the car is gonna wake up quite a bit! And Jim next time we go to the track we are gonna go on Sat. night, that was the worst Beech Bend has ever been. More replys are welcome! Thanks Trey

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I would check all the basics too, while your at it.

Did you have a friend look in the throttle body while you held the pedal to the floor? Maybe the cable isn't opening it all the way.

Also make sure you have that rubber connector thing that hooks the inlet tube to the throttle body properly connected with no vacuum leaks.

Check the IAT sensor in the inlet make sure it is orientated right to the airflow, and of course, plugged in.

There may not be aything wrong, could have been a combo of bad track prep and bad weather. This is what makes running in the spring frustrating, I know you made changes, but all things being equal, pretty much every week until September you will slow down a little trap speed. usually summer hook is better to keep ET's similar.

If you are going to run for any lenght of time without a pulley and chip, actually even if you are, I would also do the boost bypass mod. Don't by an expensive kit just get a tee and some vacuum line from a local auto parts store.

JT

·
Registered
132 Posts
JT said:
I would check all the basics too, while your at it.

Did you have a friend look in the throttle body while you held the pedal to the floor? Maybe the cable isn't opening it all the way.

Also make sure you have that rubber connector thing that hooks the inlet tube to the throttle body properly connected with no vacuum leaks.

Check the IAT sensor in the inlet make sure it is orientated right to the airflow, and of course, plugged in.

yep i checked all those and all looks ok.but i'am still not satisfied and think i may have a problem with the accufab tb.i will be taking the accufab unit off in abit and reinstall my factory one and i should have a idea then if it's actually the tb or the power inlet.i'am fairly confident it's the tb throttle cam or at least the arm unit as when i do any type of full throttle run and let off then apply pressure back to the tb it has a catch to and i even unhooked the cruise control off the tb but it did not change anything plus if the specs are off enough to cause this it would also explain why i can't get rid of the high idle and hanging idle.

·
Registered
64 Posts
re:

don't feel bad I had the smae problems too I was running 12.9's at 115, i am now running a 12.11 with a 1.79 60' and trapping at 124, lots of room for emprovement, with the new kennebell

·
Registered
132 Posts
Re: re:

j98gtblown said:
don't feel bad I had the smae problems too I was running 12.9's at 115, i am now running a 12.11 with a 1.79 60' and trapping at 124, lots of room for emprovement, with the new kennebell
if your trapping at 124 mph you should be in the mid 11's:shocked

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JT I will check the things that U mentioned, I still think the main reason is the boost loss, I know my car doesnt make 8lb's by the stock guage and I can see it drop a little at high rpms as well, Rick said he lost boost with the offroad x , I am getting with Rick this week and getting the chip and will install my 2.93 as well, if the car isnt trapping in the high 1teens with my list of mods then something isnt right! One thing I did notice that the car did this weekend was bog big time in between shifts like the boost bypass was coming in, I even unplugged it and it still had a hiccup of sorts, I thought I had a ringer from the factory with solid trap speeds, now I add the JLP, Accufab, and full exhaust and have gone backwards, its frustrating for sure, maybe the pulley and chip will work with the freed up intake and exhaust track, like I said it may be to free right now!:mad:

·
Registered
64 Posts
re:

I have a high trap speed because I can't get a good launch the suspension is not set up sorrectly for the car. I have to do my coil over conversion and get some wieght transfer to the back tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts