Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the car back today after almost two weeks, and I am just not pleased with the results.

The guys in the shop do know what they are doing, but with the mods I have listed below I came up with 222rwhp and 338 on a 100 shot...not too good in my opinion.

The chip was reburned to fit for the new injectors, plugs, etc, so I know its not too rich. I just CAN NOT believe so little gain for soooo much money. I am thinking with the bottle on I am looking at 12.7's, am I incorrect?

He put a 125 nozzle on, and it jumped to 360, but that is too much for a stock motor. Is this good, to be expected, or does it just plain stink? What a depressing SOB :( :vomit:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
If those numbers were made on a Mustang Dyno then they are respectable numbers. If that was on a dynojet then they seem a bit low. Don't get too caught up in the numbers though, go run the car and see how it does.

·
Registered
492 Posts
That's the way the game is. You can spend alot of money and get next to nothing out of it, but then when you add a power adder, what you didnt get anything out of before is now a key player in the wide scheme of things. Injectors, exhaust and a chip tune does very little N/A, but when you put the power adder (nitruos) on there, it's making more than if you did just the power adder by itself.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
evolve said:
222rwhp is a little low, but not by much, considering you only have exhaust and the chip. 338 seems decent... what were your tq numbers?
Thanks for all the input so far guys, I appreciate it.

I have to run by the shop tomorrow to get the dyno sheet, so I am unsure what the tq numbers were. I was thinking of pullies, o/r h or x-pipe and mac cold air intake, but pullies and cold air is a waste of $$ if I supercharge it in a few months. I hear long tubes are the way to go, but just how expensive is a decent set?

222 is just low to me, but again, I just sold my 394/498 02 Lightning, so it probably should seem slow to me. I would have never got out of the L if the wife didnt need a family car...

In any event, is there anything else besides offroad pipe, shorties, pullies, and Mac that might give me more bang for the buck?

BTW, I went with 3.73's, POOR CHOICE. I only noticed a SLIGHT increase in acceleration. I kick myself in the butt for not going 4.10's like my gut told me to :rolleyes:

·
Registered
802 Posts
I don't know about 360 being too much for a stock motor. I know nitrous has a different affect than superchargers but I'm well over that # now and getting ready to go even bigger when my RR pulley comes in to get back to 12 psi. I know, I know, your'e thinking I'm gonna' blow it up. Well, maybe. I trust my tuner (Chris Johnson) and he says he can tune it for that so we'll see. Anyway, what I'm saying is most guys I've talked to feel comfortable with a 150 shot but that's with someone tuning the car that knows what he's doing.

·
Registered
492 Posts
devildog92 said:
BTW, I went with 3.73's, POOR CHOICE. I only noticed a SLIGHT increase in acceleration. I kick myself in the butt for not going 4.10's like my gut told me to :rolleyes:
Since this is my first real MUSCLE CAR I have owned, putting the 3.73's in was a very noticeable difference to me. Seems like you already stated why you didnt notice the difference like the rest of us
devildog92 said:
I just sold my 394/498 02 Lightning, so it probably should seem slow to me.
If your going power adder, you will probably be happier you got the 3.73's, IMO anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts