Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I installed long tubes. Back in September. And decided not to hook my egr tube to the intake back up. The car ran fine for a day or so. And then on my way to work. It started bucking and wouldnt run. So I cleared my codes and it kept doin it all the way to wrk. Threw code p0320. So I replaced my iac and no change. Then I found out that I was only running. 30 psi of fuel pressure. And so I replaced the pump. Got it to run for say 5 min. And then it won't idle or run for that matter. Later found that my crank sensor wire has a cut in it. So I spliced that, soldered and heat shrinked. And new crank sensor. Now it won't even start. Not even a sputter. And ideas would be greatful.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have a way to data log or make sure tat you are getting a signal from the crank sensor while starting?
I do have a diablo, but I can't even get the car to run. All it does is crank over in over. I may try and hook a voltmeter up and turn over with a breaker bar. But won't be for a few days.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know where to start with all of those issues you listed.

Since you have the car in an unstartable condition, can you use the Predator to check for diagnostic trouble codes? Post them up if you have any.
I can not get any codes. For I cleared them thinking that would allow it to run. And since it won't run, it doesnt throw any other than the tuned codes and system readiness code. But the one code I do remember p0320, the only one that has confused me. Because the diablo states that it is ignition/distributor.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
The hand held tuners have a very abbreviated and generic description.

http://engine-codes.com/p0320_ford.html

I would suspect the new crank position sensor , the wiring between it and the PCM (maybe you shorted it?), its connector, or you might have done something to electrically destroy its input into the PCM (which means you'd need to replace the PCM). This type of thing is usually going to require getting a multi-meter out and reading what's going on at several points in the system.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How would I know if my PCM is bad? Bc I installed the diablo 87 octane tune. And it took it just fine. I do know that the cks wire isn't getting any battery voltage so I'm replacing that soon. Since it does have a small cut and corrosion. I'm hoping it's the problem.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
How would I know if my PCM is bad? Bc I installed the diablo 87 octane tune. And it took it just fine. I do know that the cks wire isn't getting any battery voltage so I'm replacing that soon. Since it does have a small cut and corrosion. I'm hoping it's the problem.
I don't meant the whole PCM is bad. Sometimes they'll take a tune because its just the sensor input is fried. Like Eric said, check the sensor. Work your way towards the PCM to eliminate everything else first.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, So I checked the cks and it reads well and also changed my plugs. So I'm leaning towards my wiring/pcm. Or some other ideas were my cam sensor or that I may be getting too much fuel, since I switched to twin svt pumps. I work weekends/ split shift, so wont be able to check these til mon. or wed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just bought engine harness and pcm off ebay from a 01 5 speed. Just wanna know if this is a plug and play deal, because I read somewhere that they had 5 different computers and not all are compatible. Or if I have to have it tuned by ford? Also if I do have to have it tuned. could I just use my diablo tuner?

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
The PATS system (AntiTheft) will keep the car from running if you install another PCM. You will need a tune to disable PATS, or have Ford redo the PATS programming.

You could use your Predator, just make sure you set your current PCM back to stock before you swap it in.

I can help you with the tuning side.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I rlly don't want to go to ford for the PATS again. Just had new keys and reciever installed few months back. My model diablo doesn't have the option to turn it on or off. How much would a tune run me? And you can just email it to me, correct?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts