Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about putting some stage II cams in my car and I'm wondering if I would need to upgrade the valvetrain.......springs etc.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Only because I just went through alot of headaches with my cam upgrades, and found out the hard way, I have to say YES, get the springs. When the machine shop was P&P'ng , they called Comp about re-using the springs. Comp said the springs were find and just set the preload to .080. That wasnt the case and I had to get new springs. Also, you may need a spacer for the cam gear, and for some reason in my case, I needed to have shims made for the lifters to avoid valvetrain noise.

·
Registered
300 Posts
stanggt00 said:
Only because I just went through alot of headaches with my cam upgrades, and found out the hard way, I have to say YES, get the springs. When the machine shop was P&P'ng , they called Comp about re-using the springs. Comp said the springs were find and just set the preload to .080. That wasnt the case and I had to get new springs. Also, you may need a spacer for the cam gear, and for some reason in my case, I needed to have shims made for the lifters to avoid valvetrain noise.
It sounds as if you needed shims because your lash was too loose. That is not always the case, especially if you are using billett cams insted of re-grinds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts