Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried a search to no avail. I know I should go longtube, but I'm on a budget (would need a new x) and will be installing on my own (rather, with a buddy and a case of Budweiser).

Anyway, would I have to re-tune? Thanks! :thongue2:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
no tune needed on shorty headers, i would throw on a new cold air intake at the same time, you would need a tune for the intake, brenspeed can take care of that for you. you know the shorty's may give you 8-10 hp and a better exhaust note, a cai wiith tune could be 20+ HP

·
Im Not Banned...yet
5,362 Posts
the best shorties have provided less than 2rwhp. its a fact that the stock shorties on our cars outflow the stock headers on a 03/04 cobra. You should save your money on the shorties and put it towards something more useful

·
Registered
61 Posts
No it's not needed, the easier your exhaust evacuates from cylinder the more combustable air comes in to the cylinder...any tune you have will compensate for that, long tubes is different story because scavanging occurs at a lower point in the exhaust system.

·
Registered
116 Posts
+1 on saving that money... LT's are spendy but worth saving for. Shorty headers aren't really worth the money imo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts