Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently swapped in a set of '03 PI-cams, in my 1996 gts/248a stang. This is by far the best bang for the buck mod besides gears. Any 96-98 guys here looking a for a very nice SOTP feel, this is your ticket.

Me and my buddy installed them. We didn't follow any manuals, or anything besides us checking the timing about 5 times (just to be safe). And we finished the job in a little less than 9 hours. I don't think that that is too terribly long, considering that it's my first time inside a modular engine. They seem just a easy as the old 302's.

Anyways, I'll have some new dyno numbers by this saturday, and some new track times by June 22nd. I'll post my results back in this thread.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, I meant N/A times, hehe.

And damn, that elevation sucks. You ought to come down to Houston and run at HRP. I think it's like 10 feet above sea level.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yea I got it with the blower on it so I'm not sure about 1/4 N/A times. Yea this elevation sucks. I'm shotting for low 13s with the headswap and a good chip tune.:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Cool im also in the middle of my head swap. Im waiting for the ups guy to show up with my parts lol the car has been apart for a week allready. My usuall times are 14.0's at 96.its been faster but not consistent ((see sig)) so hopefully ill be in the mid to lower 13's Ill also post back the time difference. Ill probablly be at the track the night i get done lol

·
Registered
329 Posts
subscribing..

·
Registered
138 Posts
anybody got some times for a headswaped auto mine is running a bit slow due to severe traction issues and I would like to know what I can look forward to it is trapping at 98mph and running 14.2 consistent

·
Registered
17 Posts
96gts said:
I just recently swapped in a set of '03 PI-cams, in my 1996 gts/248a stang. This is by far the best bang for the buck mod besides gears. Any 96-98 guys here looking a for a very nice SOTP feel, this is your ticket.

Me and my buddy installed them. We didn't follow any manuals, or anything besides us checking the timing about 5 times (just to be safe). And we finished the job in a little less than 9 hours. I don't think that that is too terribly long, considering that it's my first time inside a modular engine. They seem just a easy as the old 302's.

Anyways, I'll have some new dyno numbers by this saturday, and some new track times by June 22nd. I'll post my results back in this thread.
Whats the lift and duration specs on the 03 cams. I was thinking of going with the 01's or SHM's 2730's still not sure. Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing your dyno numbers. Thanks much

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: Re: Do we have any PI-cam swappers in here??

myhorsedollar said:
Whats the lift and duration specs on the 03 cams. I was thinking of going with the 01's or SHM's 2730's still not sure. Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing your dyno numbers. Thanks much
stock '03 cams are .510" intake,and .530" exhaust lift
184 degrees intake,and 196 degrees exhaust at .050"
JL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts