Banned
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you need to put the AMAZON wheel hop kit if you have the
BFG dr's ?

thanks sean

G

·
All I can say is...if your car has wheelhop still after running with the BFG Drags..then you will need it. If you dont have wheelhop...then you dont really need it. So its trial and error. Every car is different. Some have it from day one..some dont.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Banned
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey Harry,
(AKA THE KING :king)
THANKS!
for the info think im picking up my BFG d/r's from sams club $148.00 ea.

still looking for set stock wheels

sean

ps you forgot the ( Hot rod "sean's new best friend" Harry)

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Sean,,My car hopped more with Drag Radials then with Stock tires..
You will need a wheel hop kit..

jim v.

·
Banned
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey Jim,
thought HotRod Harry was lieing :shootbird basturd
j/k harry

i will get the kit thanks jimmy v

sean

(Jimmy the new king:king V)
(Hot Rod ''just reduced to Jester" Harry)

G

·
Hey, I have some ocean front property forsale in Arizona if you want some Sean ;)

Still, if I were you , I would try the BFG's with 20 lbs of air them and see before buying the kit. Why spend the money if you dont have to. Just trying to save you money.

Remember....Uncle Jimmy has a money tree in the backyard that never dies. Blooms all year round, every year. :D

Hot Rod(Sean's newest best friend)Harry :p

www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Remember....Uncle Jimmy has a money tree in the backyard that never dies. Blooms all year round, every year.

Not a tree:cool:
I have a forrest:shootbird

jim v.

G

·
Jim Vaccaro said:
Remember....Uncle Jimmy has a money tree in the backyard that never dies. Blooms all year round, every year.

Not a tree
I have a forrest:shootbird

jim v.
HeHe HeHe!!! Maybe you could throw us a seedling once in awhile Uncle Jimmy :shootbird :D

Hot Rod(when will the snow end)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey stop the finger , I hate it when that happens.
:shocked
the kenny brown bushings also help, nitro

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I don't want to put words in Jimmy's mouth, especially since he's 10 years my senior :D but I always thought his was a friendly finger. :confused: Everything in its proper context, but then I could be wrong...

Bill

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Harry :D

Pete :D

Bill :shootbird

jim v.:lurk

G

·
nitrous pete said:
Hey stop the finger , I hate it when that happens.
the kenny brown bushings also help, nitro
Its all in fun Pete! You know I love Uncle Jimmy. The best Uncle I have!! I put in to be his adopted son...we will see how that goes ;)

Oh by the way Pete? :shootbird :D

If my car hops this spring...I will be getting the Amazon kit too. Waiting to see how things go when the streets/tracks get warmer so I can see if she hops with the new found power.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Yea Pete..Harry and me,,,,We cool....
Bill is too nice so i'll give him the bird...:D

Harry's makin big power ,,His car can make solid axle hop like a bunny rabit...

jim v.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
All pullied cars need better rear shocks then those BS Bilstien wannabe's that ford gave us...

jim v.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Will the new shocks help put the power to the pavement in the summer as well or is it just to help prevent the hopping symptoms?

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but my wheel hop problem only began with the cold weather. I raced many times last summer and NEVER had a wheel hop problem. That's with street tires and with DRs.

And since I don't race in the winter, I just don't see the point.

G

·
HAMMER said:
I don't know about anyone else, but my wheel hop problem only began with the cold weather. I raced many times last summer and NEVER had a wheel hop problem. That's with street tires and with DRs.

And since I don't race in the winter, I just don't see the point.
Wow...finally someone who see's my point of view. Exactly what I have encountered too Hammer. So just like I said Sean...save your money and just wait for the warmer weather to see whats up with your car. Cause not all of these cars act the same.

Hot Rod(Us Jersey Guys are so smart)Harry ;p
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
521 Posts
my03svtcobra said:
hey Harry,
(AKA THE KING :king)
THANKS!
for the info think im picking up my BFG d/r's from sams club $148.00 ea.

still looking for set stock wheels

sean

ps you forgot the ( Hot rod "sean's new best friend" Harry)
$148? I'm getting mine from Sam's for $138.00. What size. Mine are 275/40/17 stock size. The 315's wern't available at the local Sam's club...Of course I have to wait 4 weeks to not pay shipping and believe me, that saves me $100 plus out here in Hawaii.

·
Banned
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
03snake said:
$148? I'm getting mine from Sam's for $138.00. What size. Mine are 275/40/17 stock size. The 315's wern't available at the local Sam's club...Of course I have to wait 4 weeks to not pay shipping and believe me, that saves me $100 plus out here in Hawaii.
O3SNAKE
thank you for the tip about sams!!! that was the size same as yours .

the price will differ from area to area .
sean

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
What about the QA1 shocks has anyone tried them, any luck let me know. They sell for 139.00 and the bushings cost 40.00. For 330.00 you can get a shock that is great quality and it is 12 way adjustable.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts