Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Accufab make a TB for a 2v? I am still running my stock TB and intake. Thinking about getting a larger one. Never really looked into them when i was N/A. Which should i go with?

Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
i know they make one i just cant remember where i saw it, i do remember i about shit my pants when i saw it was around 3-400 bux

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i actually did some research. Should have done it before posting. But anyhow. I found they do make them for a 2v. Best price i found was $215 which is reasonable since the competors are the same. I may consider it. They have a 70mm unit. Is it worth getting it for my application with the blower? I still have the stock intake

·
Registered
19 Posts
i'm the same as you...stock intake with ati procharger...i would do it, but its not first on my list...steeda sells the accufab also

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i pretty much have every bolton possible, except for an intake and TB. So i thought i may do the TB if it is worth it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i would say get the bullitt or the reichard racing intake...45rwhp if the bullitt intake is ported and prob the same with the reichard. But about 1300....

·
Registered
329 Posts
Accufab does make a 2v TB, but be sure to check the two set screws on the blade. One of those set screws came loose and got sucked in the blower on my friends viper. Since it was a twin screw supercharger, it got stuck, locked up the blower causing it to have to be replaced. After all that Accufab did nothing about it.:mad:

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow well i dont need that happening. I was looking at the Billet flow and i may go with them. i cannot find prices. All the dealer links they have on their site do not show price for the Billet flow either. Where is the best place to purchase?

·
Registered
185 Posts
cltgt said:
Accufab does make a 2v TB, but be sure to check the two set screws on the blade. One of those set screws came loose and got sucked in the blower on my friends viper. Since it was a twin screw supercharger, it got stuck, locked up the blower causing it to have to be replaced. After all that Accufab did nothing about it.:mad:
wow..thats scarrryy! :eek:

·
Registered
525 Posts
i've got a 75mm accufab on the way to go with my C & L Plenum.
got both through Ronnie Diaz Motorsports.
www.rdmrdm.com

·
Registered
24 Posts
cltgt said:
Thanks for the heads up. I was plannin on geting one of those.

·
Registered
122 Posts
just remember something like that could happen with any of the manufacturers. i wouldn't not buy an accufab because of that. out of all the tb's, i think they probably have the highest quality. i'm probably going with their setup. just waiting to see if they sell the 75mm plenum or not.

i think they were gettin 30 rwhp on blown cars and that's pretty good for 1/4 the price of the intakes.

that billet flow does look nice. post up more info on that if you get it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
HAve you checked into a plenum and TB???

Ppl. have gained up to 30 RWHP w/ them and a good tune....
On S/C'd cars of course :D

-Will

·
Registered
406 Posts
The plenum and throttle body is a good mod and blower cars can expect 20-25 RWHP for less than $400 (this is with the C&L plenum and Accufab 75 TB). There are less costly combos, such as the Trick Flow plenum and MAC 70 throttle body which we sell for around $268 for both!

·
Registered
419 Posts

The accufab is just so bling bling pimp ;) I just got mine last week and will be testing it out tomorrow at the track on my na2v. John M swears its good for 2 tenths and almost 2 mph over stock.

·
Registered
91 Posts
BTW, I have a Trick Flow and love it. They all have proven gains, installation can be done in roughly 20 minutes, and they're affordable :D

-Will

·
Registered
225 Posts
That billet flow TB looks PIMP!....ive looked all over and havent really seen too many...did they just come out?

And what are the results on the upper manifolds...ive seen many charts but the new 75mm accufab elbow seems to flow the best from what i have seen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts