Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car to the track fri. night! I bought some slicks for it and thought i would give them a try! I've never raced on slicks so i kind of granny shifted every pass. Anyways on my last pass i reved to 4200rpm and let the clutch out kind of quick! fugger hooked good and i heard a pop sound. but the car still kept going so i figured the shafts were still good and completed the pass! Well when i went to swap my tires back one of my lug nut studs was bent over!! When i tried to loosen it it just snaped right off! I dont really want to put those really long studs in there as it would look funny with my stock rims!! any help would be appreciated!
Leon
Oh i ran a 12.50 @ 109mph 1.80 60ft. 2700 ft elevation track!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I wouldn't replace the factory studs with factory studs. Steeda has some ARP studs at a reduced 2.5" length.

Race Studs

Do you know how long the factory ones are?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i definately want to put a stronger stud in there,not factory! I just didn't want those real long ones! I'll measure how long the stock ones are tommorow! Thanks
Leon

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Your wheel must of not been tight, how in the hell can you bend one stud and not all five when they are all spaced evenly and on center. Sounds like human error? good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts