Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that alot of people with the same or fewer mods than I have always trap higher than me. I know for sure I have remembered glancing at my tach when I shift 4th and see 6500, I think this is hurting my mph . Some of the faster cars say they hold first out and shift it high say 6300-6500 but on the 2-3 is 6200 and the 3-4 is 6. I may try this and see if my mph comes up. I have a race tune and every mod in the book and have broke 118 once all the other runs were in the 117's and some of these were in descent weather. My car dynoed @ 456 and 478 T/Q so its making descent power. Any thoughts on shifting and rpms????

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'll have to let you know. I just up'd my shift point from 6200 to 6400. PLUS I don't plan on deep staging any more. We'll see...

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
trey: well find out next week. Im yanking the chip sunday night and coming to town on monday. You down for the track?

We can install your firewall adjuster and do the IC pump and Fan mod to your car as well. Just lemme know a time and place. Me and the GF will probably go to Kings Island one day during the week.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Allen yea the firewall adj. and the quadrant should be here early nect week, I am looking forward to testing a few chips so it should be interesting. Look forward to meeting ya. Have a safe trip!! Trey

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Im throwing a 2.7 Upper on mine today as one last effrt to get into the 10's this weekend on the current combo. This is my last track day of the year, the track will be closed by the time I get back.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking forward to the results 10's or not. Go getem!!!

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Well we somehow bent the 2.7 when we were yanking it from the other blower snout off his Lightning. Did manage to install some Amazon Racing Intercooler Fans.

Hope this helps some, cool weather is all I can hope for

1 - 7 of 7 Posts