Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The answer is yes! Had him burn a Diablo for me and he nailed it! If it weren't for the belt slippage up top, I'd easily be 500 and 500. Gonna have to order the RR no slip pulley and go for that 500 hp. I think when you're spinning the blower this hard, you NEED a non slip pulley or you gonna slip regardless or what idler bracket setup you're using. The red run is with th 2.8 upper and 6 lb lower, the blue run is with 3.0 upper and 6 lb lower. Obviously it helped with slippage but still slipped quite a bit! If you want the combo, call Pete!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the A/F. Alot of power for 91 OCTANE!!!

Attachments

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Awesome numbers..Pete's setups get good timeslips also:D
Congrats...

·
Registered
260 Posts
the A/F in those graphs does not seen to support heavy belt slippage.... some slippage, but not a tremendous amout. not enough in my opinion to net you 30 more hp, to put you over 500/500. I am no expert tho, not by far. Normally belt slippage is accompanied by the A/F getting fat, at the same time. Great #'s anyway!!!

Jayson

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
J69Gordon, I agree about the slippage. I don't know what else it could be though! I closed the gap in my plugs to .035. Maybe it's a fuel thing and I'm on the verge of needing bigger injectors. I suppose I could get those outta the way and put them on since you know somewhere in the future there is a KB waiting!

G

·
Try running a .030 gap ...not sure what your running plug wise..if its a NGK TR6....try that gap....if not..I will see what plug you have and see if I know. Also ask Pete about the DumpValve mod that I have. Fuel should be fine..Pete can set that up real nice in the chip.... again..talk to Pete ...He will know....he is DaMan!!

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do have the tr-6's Harry, so maybe I'll give that a try. It's getting expensive going to the dyno for every little change though! I'm sure if you're getting enough fuel to your beast, I should be OK as well!! How's that non-slip pulley treating you?

·
Registered
603 Posts
That's good news, most of the tuners tune w/ 92-93 octane. I think I'll give Pete a call when I need a good 91 octane tune for a KB...

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I think Jack is Pete's neighbor. They hang out Fridays at beer-thirty. I don't think Pete knows much beyond that!

:shocked

1 - 13 of 13 Posts