Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it the tune itself? It's my understanding I can use the tuner to remove any codes that would cause the CEL to come on. But my question is can the tuner turn off the o2s? Basically, I'd like to get one E85 tune for the car. There may be times on a road trip where I need to run regular fuel, so I'd return the tune to stock where E85 isn't regularly available. At that point, the CEL would come back on due to an offroad exhaust. Do I need a tune to turn off the rear o2, or will the tuner do that? I'd rather not have to get a 2nd tune just to keep the CEL off on pump gas.

· Registered
164 Posts
It is not a user option on the SCT tuner but your tune programmer can turn off the rear O2 sensors.

However, then they will be off when/if you need an emissions test and will fail that test unless you get an emissions tune for testing.

· Registered
1,108 Posts
I might not understand what you are trying to do, so I give you this...

1) Get an E85 tune.

2) Get a 93 (or 91) Octane tune.

3) Switch back and forth as needed.

4) Drive happy.

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is not a user option on the SCT tuner but your tune programmer can turn off the rear O2 sensors.
I can turn mine off with my SCT programmer with the SCT tune.
That's what I was getting at. If I have just the tuner (SCT X3), I can't turn it off, it's the tune on the programmer that turns it's off.

As George stated as well, I'd need a 2nd tune when not on E85. Of course, when I'm not on E85, I'd be on 87 octane. I didn't want to have to get a tune for 87 octane. That's an extra $125 from my local tuner. I was hoping it was a user option to just turn off the o2...outside of a tune.

Thanks guys!

· Registered
391 Posts
No, you can turn off the rear o2s with the sct strategy tune that comes with the tuner. The strategy tune sucks though so you are better off just getting a gas tune from a reputable vendor.
The Strategy tune isnt that bad actually. The times in my sig(11.99 and 10.93) were both ran on the strategy tune with no other mods done to the car other than tires for the 11.99 and nitrous for the 10.93 pass. No weight reduction other than the spare tire.

· Registered
2 Posts
remove rear o2 sensor

However, then they will be off when/if you need an emissions test and will fail that test unless you get an emissions tune for testing.
hello in the strategy tune you can shut them out but then you must make your ouwn tuning file with the strategy tune,work great and the mill licht stays out!!!,if you take the options in the special tune's you resived there you dont have that option to put them out!!!!i hope this will help you,regards martin

· Registered
5,416 Posts
I have no cats and the rears are turned off in the tune. If I load in the stock tune and take it right to the inspection station, how long before it picks up on no cats?

· Registered
5,416 Posts
That sucks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.