Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch is slipping at 30,000 Mi will the warranty cover it? Also I am the 2nd owner of the car. If it does do I just take it to any dealership?

·
Registered
11 Posts
No..they will not...it is a "wear" item....That is what they claim....But I have seen my local dealer replace some of them..

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
clutch is like brake pads, considered normal wear no warranty, being 2nd owner will even be harder to get warranty replacement

·
Registered
437 Posts
And if I remember correctly the warranty on the clutch is 12 month/12k miles.
I think you are right about the time and miles. I looked at my extended warranty and it doesn't even cover the the clutch or brakes .
So what kind of power are you putting down to wear it out so fast ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got the car with 28k miles. It is completely stock. It was pretty weird how it happen my buddy was driving and he down shifting to 3rd because of a stop sign and some how he got it in first. He didn't appear to be pressing very hard. There was some clutch smell but not as much as I would of expect for fried clutch. I have smelled worst on my last s197. I manage to limp it home 300 miles. Its weird because my last S197 had 45000 on it and basically every bolt on made and the clutch was fine.

·
Registered
483 Posts
try not to hit first going faster than 15 (even thats a little high)

you can get the clutch replace 12/12 if they see thats its not from wear... like a mechanical problem. look into a performance clutch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I should of never let him drive. I took some pain killers and icing my shoulder because we just got done playing a rugby game i why he was driving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts