Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've noticed this mainly when i run someone from a roll. anyway, my mods are a DC,3.10 pulley from Amazon Racing, and a MagnaFlow catback. ok here's what i notice, when i stomp it in any gear i get an hesitation for a split second like it takes just a bit to build boost. i started noticing this when steve03 and i ran a couple of weeks ago. just curious if this maybe something i can correct w/a chip? seems like i might be getting a bit lean at tip-in? who knows? just seemed to me that steve's wasn't having this problem. any ideas?
thanks, matt
P.S. steve, i'm gonna run ya down bro. J/k. how was the L/T install?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
What was the verdict when U and steve raced from a roll!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Intense said:
i've noticed this mainly when i run someone from a roll. anyway, my mods are a DC,3.10 pulley from Amazon Racing, and a MagnaFlow catback. ok here's what i notice, when i stomp it in any gear i get an hesitation for a split second like it takes just a bit to build boost. i started noticing this when steve03 and i ran a couple of weeks ago. just curious if this maybe something i can correct w/a chip? seems like i might be getting a bit lean at tip-in? who knows? just seemed to me that steve's wasn't having this problem. any ideas?
thanks, matt
Try the same launch with the stock airbox.

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
I have noticed the same thing on my 01, however it may not be the exact same thing. What happens in my case is, I can stomp the thottle, and it feels like a split second goes by before the car really starts pulling strong. I have been told that this is related to the IRS. Something to do with the fact that it has more "play" in it, than a solid axle. Takes a second for all the components to bind up and put the power to the ground.

Is this possible?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
My stumble/hesitation/bog went away when I swapped out the Densecharger for an Amazon Intake. Suggest you try the stock intake, if it gets rid of the problem, send the DC back and get something else.

Bill

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i noticed this after i installed the pulley. the densecharger was the first mod i did and i didn't have this problem until after i installed the pulley. i don't have a chip or tune yet but it will be the next step. it's not that big of a problem b/c it's only for a split second, just curious if others had experienced this.
BTW steve got me by a fender... i'll chalk it up to his having more mods :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same problem...

I have Ricks CAI and a custom "Ram Air" setup...

I dyno'd 398.5 RWHP and 375.7 RWTQ with just those two mods so THANK YOU RICK! :) Now fix my problem! ;)

-- Jaret

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone with an aftermarket chip have this problem??? Maybe the stock PCM can't adjust for the higher amount of air????

-- Jaret

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I had the same problem it is the Densecharger. The car runs fine stock, but the second you add something this happens. With me it was my exhaust.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've noticed that the timing seems to back off during deceleration. Not sure of the exact programing, but maybe Rick can supply some details.

Anyway, could this be what you're experiencing? Maybe you're off the throttle too long, before jumping on it?

*Just thinkin' out loud*

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the same problem. Mine ocurred after I installed my exhaust I think. I am using the MAFterburner to help this out. I am pushing a lot of fuel down low and it improves this problem quite a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
real bad hesitation 1st gear

i go from a roll hit it at 2000 and it takes off go to about 4000 and falls flat on its face ..like some one plug up the air filter than trys to pic up agin..and some time it goes and some times it dies out agin....only in first gear and more notice able if the tires start to spin...did it stock...[after market exhaust cat back] did it with the chip and with the pulley...stock air box exceept for kn and snorkle off........god i hope a tsb comes out on this,really like the car

G

·
Re: real bad hesitation 1st gear

ONEJETI said:
i go from a roll hit it at 2000 and it takes off go to about 4000 and falls flat on its face ..like some one plug up the air filter than trys to pic up agin..and some time it goes and some times it dies out agin....only in first gear and more notice able if the tires start to spin...did it stock...[after market exhaust cat back] did it with the chip and with the pulley...stock air box exceept for kn and snorkle off........god i hope a tsb comes out on this,really like the car
That sounds to me like you left the Traction Control on.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra DSG(20 lbs of boost and a dryshot of Nitrous)

G

·
Did you try installing your MassAir electronics in the 12 o'clock position. I heard this helps at times with the DC system. Just a thought.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra DSG(20 lbs of boost and a dryshot of Nitrous)
Intense said:
thanks, matt

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'd say wait till you get a tune before you swap CAI's out. You are getting the chip soon anyway. I'd blame it on the very lean A/F at low RPM. The chip should fix that. I'm having the same problem. Anybody with a custom tune and the same problem can prove me wrong here. Please chime in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts