Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the best after market camshafts to get for the 4v cobra motor?
I do not want regrinds!!!!!
I have been hearing bad things about the ModMax stuff and i dont think Comp Cams is making DOHC cams yet.
I also need bronze valve guides and valve seals if anyone can point me in the right direction.
ModMax wants 6 dollars each for guides and 4 dollars each for seals which comes to a total of 320 dollars and then i would have machine costs on top of that.
Thats just a little bit out of line IMO.
I will also need new valve springs fo rthe higher lift cams,which springs are the best? I have heard ModMax springs break so they are not even being considered.

·
Registered
661 Posts
JD's Auto is installing a set , And they tell it like it is ...
nitro

·
Registered
661 Posts
Joe is installing them as I type . Hi will tell all soon
peace nitro

·
Registered
74 Posts
We have installed our New Crower Cams in 2 cars so far and no problems with the Crower Springs breaking, with the higher 470 thousandths lift cam "which is the more aggressive of the two we sell" does require to go with springs and retainers. The smaller cam 430 thousandths lift does not require the springs. Feel free to call me up or email me if you need any further info/pricing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
In the Black 03' That Jim owns with the cams you can hear a diffrence in the idle, but it isn't like when you add a cam to a pushrod motor and have that lumpy lopey idle. It is hard to describe in words how the black car sounds here, but if you heard it in person I think you would be pleased.

·
Registered
251 Posts
In the Black 03' That Jim owns with the cams you can hear a diffrence in the idle, but it isn't like when you add a cam to a pushrod motor and have that lumpy lopey idle. It is hard to describe in words how the black car sounds here, but if you heard it in person I think you would be pleased.
Maybe a recording is necessary..? :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am sure I can try to arrange for that over the weekend.
I will see what I can do, if some one that is computer inclined to help me do so I can use my digital camera. :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am sure I can try to arrange for that over the weekend.
I will see what I can do, if some one that is computer inclined to help me do so I can use my digital camera. :D
No problem, I'll even host it for you bro.. PM me if you need ne help. I'd really appreciate hearing it. The numbers says enough, but the sound would seal the deal.

We spoke a week or two ago about cams for a turbo 5.0L '03 motor. I've decided to wait for an '04.. so I've been seein what's up. :evil

·
Registered
129 Posts
We have installed our New Crower Cams in 2 cars so far and no problems with the Crower Springs breaking, with the higher 470 thousandths lift cam "which is the more aggressive of the two we sell" does require to go with springs and retainers. The smaller cam 430 thousandths lift does not require the springs. Feel free to call me up or email me if you need any further info/pricing.
Are there any driveability issues with the cams? Would they work on a daily driver?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts