Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what the limit is on hp for the mark 8 with stock internals i would like to run a eaton m112 blower on it but am wondering if i need forged internals

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if i just got a full forged rotatiing assimbaly will the block hold up and what would be a good ideaof the rotatin assy any suggestions i am aiming fr 450 hp at most

·
a legend in my own mind
660 Posts
with careful tuning and really good intercooling 450rwhp is average. it can take it. correct me if im wrong but 533rwhp is the current high for a mark viii.

·
Registered
559 Posts
How are you going to fit the eaton?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
the cobra manifold wont fit on the mark 8 heads. The mark 8 and the 96-98 cobra have b heads which are totally diffrent in the port design and the intakes arent interchangeable

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
we built a 97 cobra that made 382 on a mustang dyno awile back with basically stock heads and a set of cams did have a shortrunner intake though

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
it had a forged bottom end with flat tops a good valve job a short runner intake setup the cams( cant rember what they were) they were degreed in and a full exaust with long tubes now this motor was most likely an exception to the normal but can be done

1 - 11 of 11 Posts