Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody has tried using the Dr, gas X-pipe on their truck. They have a very good reputation in the nascar circuit and alot of the mustang racers use them. Thinking about putting one on my truck.

·
Registered
352 Posts
You could use one. At Magnaflow, we got better results placing the X inside the muffler, rather before 2 seperate mufflers.

I believe the truck would make even more torque down low if a h pipe design could be implemented into the mid pipes.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool so you get free $hit . Do they run your truck on the dyno alot.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yup, they have two inhouse Dynojets. Its to bad they wont let me take pics of the inside of their facility. The place is incredible.

·
Registered
511 Posts
K,

You have been down this path and you know what I am building so help me on this…

I wanted to run a Dr. Gas pipe after some stepped headers thru whatever catback. I really do not feel I will have any low end issues with the plan due to the supercharger, but I do want a flatter torque curve…

Share your thoughts.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Youre going to be running a screw blower.

Doesnt matter what exhaust you choose.

Magnaflow catback would be a good choice on a harley and inexpensive :king

·
Registered
352 Posts
There's not a whole lot of room to put in a h pipe side balance tube on a Lightning.. On a harley, theres more room to play with this.. hmm

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
i've had a dr. gas x-pipe on my truck for a while now. but my truck is a little different than most since i removed my gas tank i ran my exhaust kinda like a mustang. a muffler on both sides of the drive shaft and dumped infront of the axle.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Venomous Mofo said:
There's not a whole lot of room to put in a h pipe side balance tube on a Lightning.. On a harley, theres more room to play with this.. hmm
The only issue is I have some body work modifications that exit the exhaust out the side, ala Lightning. I could change it at this point if there were significant gains to be had with the H-pipe.

·
Registered
352 Posts
This is how tech is created. Willing to try different things. It may or may not work. Only one way to know for sure brother.:evil

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I love the way your truck sounds rdy2rac I figured you had one on yours and you would post about it .

·
Registered
227 Posts
At the first of this year I did 3 different exhaust system changes cause I was convinced there was some major power hiding there.

I had and old set of unequal length headers on and a custom made 2 1/2" setup going into a very large magnaflow single muffler and it worked great and sounded very good. That system was on the truck for almost 2 years.

Then I stepped up so to speak to the complete JDM system, there was no difference in power and I hated the sound over my old maggy single muffler. The JDM system had a drone that just about ran me out of the truck.It also has the "X" type crossover.

I kept the SS headers and then went to a custom shop and had a 3" system made with an "H" type cross over in it. Still no more power but the sound was much improved and also I had it setup for quick change cats. When you pull the cats and put the straight pipes in the truck sounds like a 427 cobra with side pipes.

At the time the truck was making 460 hp +/- 5 hp, I'm keeping the 3" system cause I'm sure I will grow in to it :D.

Moral to the story......I already had a good system and at that power level there was no hidden horsepower.
Dale

·
Registered
352 Posts
Dale, can you spare pics? I want to see where the H was placed in the system.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
right now i have long tubes and high flow cats with stock muffler. I don't want JDM"S exhaust to much $$ so I thought I would go with a Dr. gas Xpipe with dynomax bullets . If you ever ran your truck next to a unmuffled 9 second vehicle you will understand why i need a louder exhaust. drivability is not an issue with my truck I don't drive it on the street. My torque #'s might suffer just a little but atleast I can tell my truck is running.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well this is gonna be a pain in the a$$ :D I gotta digital camera and will snap some tomorrow but then I'm lost at getting them on here. I will need HELLLLLLLP
Dale

·
Registered
511 Posts
Dale,

Whenever you make a post, down at the bottom you will see a button labeled “browse”. Use this button to find the pics on your computer and attach them to your post.

Make sure the pics are not too big, or you will not be able to add them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts