Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I've got lt's, off road h, and weld in race magnums. I either want to weld in some dumps inbetween the h and mufflers or buy a catback. I'm leaning toward the dumps because with the dump caps off it would be high flow and loud and with the caps on I'd have some quiet mufflers welded in so I could have it quieter if I want. What do you guys think and do you think there would be any difference in power with these two setups. thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
the dumps will have more power but less torque when opened. i don't run mufflers and from stock i gained 13 hp but lost 9ft/lbs. tq. you will notice the drop in tq but i don't mind because i can rev it out more, the power doesn't drop off till about 5800 rpm instead of around 5grand (remember i drive 96 2v).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very interesting. If I could gain 10rwhp from dumps I'll definetly do it. I'm not to worried about loosing low end tq because when at wot I rarely see below 5k rpm.

·
Registered
406 Posts
One drawback to dumps with an o/r mid pipe is that sitting in traffic, the exhaust tends to accumulate under the car a bit and can be a little much with the windows down. Just something to think about...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts