Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dyno'd on a SuperFlow AutoDyn Saturday in Camarillo CA. Less than 200 ft above sealevel. Nice day for HP

379.5 RWTQ, 395.6 RWHP, K&N Drop in (E0945), air silencer removed. Mfg last week of May 2002, Delivered June 13th 2002, QUD2 code on door sticker.

Any experience with the SuperFlow?

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
03 Sonic Blur,

I was the other guy at Dyno Day there with a Sonic Blue Coupe. Our numbers are STD and have to be converted to SAE.

All of which I've been hearing that the SuperFlow dynos are so accurate, and the DynoJets which are most common tend to elevate numbers which report as SAE from what I've been seeing all over the boards.

Given that the DynoJets have higher numbers in SAE, than say ours would if we converted them to SAE. I'm just going with whatever my car dynoed on the Superflow at STD.

·
Registered
41 Posts
SonicBlueCobra said:
03 Sonic Blur,

I was the other guy at Dyno Day there with a Sonic Blue Coupe. Our numbers are STD and have to be converted to SAE.

All of which I've been hearing that the SuperFlow dynos are so accurate, and the DynoJets which are most common tend to elevate numbers which report as SAE from what I've been seeing all over the boards.

Given that the DynoJets have higher numbers in SAE, than say ours would if we converted them to SAE. I'm just going with whatever my car dynoed on the Superflow at S
TD.
No's on Dynojet read on std are higer thansae corrected..all depends on humidity, temp. and elevation....my last dyno on a dynojet produced 8 more rwhp on std. than on sae..

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Did you guys dyno on the same day and all, and also are your mods similar, I am wondering how much parity there is in these cars, wonder if there really are some turds and ringers as well from the factory???? Anyone care to elaborate??

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
SonicBlueCobra and I dyno'd on the same day. The SAE corrected number was 1 HP and 1 TQ lower.

My car is extremely well broken in at 16500 miles. Others with under 2K miles dyno lower.

Conditions at the dyno were 74-77 degrees, humidity about 30%, I didn't notice the barometric pressure.

Altitude where we dyno'd was less than 200 ft ASL. The airport next door lists the lowest point on it's runway at 48 ft ASL, and the highset point at 75 ft ASL. Extremely dense, cool, not too dry, not too humid makes for good HP!

John

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW the airport is a converted Air Force base with 6010 ft of concrete runway.

In the seventies, they actually held exhibition NHRA races on the strip. I know they could afford to loan us 2500 ft now and then:D

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The whole project may be in doubt. The alternative minimum tax has struck again. If the bonus is big enough, I'll do the KB, but it may turn out that the IRS get's it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts