Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow, very impressive 2valve there. Sorry I don't know the details, are the heads ported? What intake? Intercooled? That is definitely a high RPM for a 2v motor, but it keeps making power!

·
Banned
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
badfoursixgt said:
Wow, very impressive 2valve there. Sorry I don't know the details, are the heads ported? What intake? Intercooled? That is definitely a high RPM for a 2v motor, but it keeps making power!
Thanks. Yes, it has P&P heads, port matched Bullitt intake, custom grind cams and springs from CompCams, Novi 2000 w/air-to-air intercooler, Kooks stepped longtube headers and 3 inch O/R X-pipe with dumped DynoMax Race Magnum's. It still had stock valves. That will be my next, and hopefully last mod, other than some weight reduction items.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't think you'll have any problem getting well into the 10's with that kind of power. Get some slicks and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
307 Posts
how much boost are you running?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hey, Jim thats some serious power! I just got home from the dyno , finally got Willie Figueroa from DiabloSport to tune the car. I only wish we could have pushed it a bit more I changed the pulley to a 3.0 but could not find the right sized belt so we had alot of belt slipage.
We could only buzz the motor 6200rpm and make 10#s of boost, thats 2#s less than I used to get with the factory pulley.
After all was said and done Best HP on a rainny afternoon was 488.1hp and 502 ftlbs. Next week were going to try with the right belt hopefully we should see #s in the 5s. Great job on getting your car tuned nicely. You've obviously been makeing the right set ups. What pulley size do you have and how much boost @7200rpms.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: Dyno Chart - 562 rwhp

hi

I'm not trying to cut you down or anything, becuase I'm really not. I'm just curious. I've heard that with 400 rwhp and some DR's and stock gears, you could get a 11.9 in a GT. You have over 150 rwhp more than that, and are only running 11.4's ? Can you drive? Just wondering, not tryin to start a flame, because I'm gonna be getting blown soon and I'd really like to know what I could be running at the strip.

Mark

·
Registered
810 Posts
It all depends on a few factors. To answer your question you made to Jim, Yes you can go 11.90Ss with around 400hp on bottle and DRs but the vehicles weight would be key. I dont think its possible with stock gears, My car ran 12.20s with 100hp shot and 4.10s but my suspension was way too tight and the car had no weight transfer, best 60ft was a terrible 1.81 on 275/60/15 BF Goodwrich Drag Radials. With a looser suspension setup and a lighter car than my 3600lbs you can go 11.90s.

·
Registered
482 Posts
1. You're ASSuming that the ET listed was made at this horsepower level. Some people don't update their sigs constantly and don't always make it to the track. Jim was at the ModShootout, but I don't recall what he was running.

2. You're ASSuming that he is stock weight. GT's can vary in weight by 4-500# easily. My car makes decent hp - more than most SC cars at the same boost level and motor configuration, but I'd bet almost everyone would be faster than me since my car weighs 3725# with driver.

Jim is more than a capable driver. You cannot determine what car A will be running based upon car B's results since the variables are extensive - not to mention that you haven't even said what your combination is except for the fact that it will be "blown". Adding a supercharger and getting to Jim's level are two completely different worlds.

·
Registered
101 Posts
wow, thats a big jump from when i saw your gt at higgins with none of that stuff on it yet, everything still in boxes next to cobra killers car on jack stands. :) congrats!

one day i wont be the slowest person at higgins anymore!

·
Registered
68 Posts
snkypete said:
not to mention that you haven't even said what your combination is except for the fact that it will be "blown". Adding a supercharger and getting to Jim's level are two completely different worlds.
01 GT
skinnies up front
DR's on back
steeda sport springs
Vortech Supercharger Kit with V-1 S-Trim w/Aftercooler
AFM Powerpipe
BBK offroad-h ( no catalytic converter )
flowmaster delta 40 series mufflers
Pro 5.0 shifter
spare tire / jack equipment removed

-

good enough for 11.9's in a 5-speed provided that I can drive?

yes or no? again I'm sorry if i ASSumed anything, really I'm not cutting that one guy down, I was just wondering if I'll be able to run the times that I was told I could by my friend with this setup.

Thanks!

·
Registered
482 Posts
You've said a few times that you're not cutting on him but saying "can you drive?" is rude at best, and insult at worst. Perhaps try phrasing your sentences to reflect you actual intent...just a suggestion. Saying you're not trying to cut him down and then doing just that lends to credibility issues. $.02

The only way to tell what your car will run is to go to the track. If you have the hp and weight of the vehicle you can get a ballpark figure.

How much boost?
What weight?

How many times have you raced down the track? If you're new to racing, it will take several passes to learn how to drive properly and your times will reflect that.

We can bench race all day, but the answer is to go down the track honestly.

I've seen cars that should go 10's go 13's, and cars wring every last hp out of them.....there' just too many variables to say if you have this, this and that, you'll go xx.xxx .

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I will be the first to admit that it is extremely difficult to drive a 600 RWHP 6-speed, 3800 lb car down the track and get good ET's!

It definately takes some seat time to get used to, but that's part of the fun, IMO.

At any rate, PLEASE keep it friendly, guys. We're all on the same team in here!

Rich

·
Registered
802 Posts
Amen. I sure wish I had that Kahr you have, Pete! I'm going to a show next week so hopefully I'll find one there. If not maybe a nice H&K

·
Registered
482 Posts
Exactly Rich, that is the fun part. Drag radials and a stick take a lot to master - a lot easier with an auto. 60' time is extremely critical and will make/break ET.

MI - they're both nice guns. I like the HK better, but the Kahr is a much better carry gun as it is much easier to conceal.

·
Banned
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Re: Re: Dyno Chart - 562 rwhp

MustangMark83 said:
hi

I'm not trying to cut you down or anything, becuase I'm really not. I'm just curious. I've heard that with 400 rwhp and some DR's and stock gears, you could get a 11.9 in a GT. You have over 150 rwhp more than that, and are only running 11.4's ? Can you drive? Just wondering, not tryin to start a flame, because I'm gonna be getting blown soon and I'd really like to know what I could be running at the strip.

Mark
You obviously don't know anything about my car and I doubt you really want to, so please refrain from participating in my posts. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.