Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was able to do a back to back Dyno with the Predator from stock to Performance tune. I had installed yesterday the Flowmaster catback and took it to be dyno'd today. 1st run without Predator - Only mods were Denso Charger and Flowmaster, went from 354.5hp/354.3tq Stock (No Mods) to 403.4hp/388.0tq with just the intake/exhaust change. Almost a 50rwhp gain. I then loaded the Predator and the next run was 417.6hp/409.8tq. 3rd and final run with no cool down was 415.1hp/406.5tq. So it looks like almost 15rwhp gain and almost 22ftlb tq gain with the Performance tune from the Predator.

Bill:blob

·
Registered
793 Posts
Interesting numbers.

Could you post the curves, and do you have A/F data? Would be really interesting.

Also, what's your computer code and what kind of dyno did you use?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know the computer code. where would I look? I have a 10th anniv. born 6/24/03 so I assume (yea I know) it is the latest.

I don't have access to a scanner till Monday but the hp was at 250 at 3300rpm and steady climb to 400+ at 5600 and level to cutoff at 6400rpm. Tq was 400+ flat from 3400 to 4800 and then down to 380 at 5200 and down to 350 at 6000.

No A/F taken -- not available

This was done on a Dynojet. 72 temp and 72% Humidity.

Bill

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Bill, way to go, and great gains! I bet if you got a run comparison in with at least starting at 2k you'd see around a 45 to 60 rwtq inccrease at 3k rpms, and around a 20 to 30 rwhp increase versus having no tune at all!!! Yes, I'm not kidding. Sometimes "peak" #'s just do not tell the whole story. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey RWTD got some questions for you. I have a stock 03 Cobra with just an K&N filter. What would I gain with the predator what kind of numbers would I get. I would like to remove the speed limiter and have the t/c off as default is this possible and at any time can go back to the stock program? Can you just change the speed limiter and the T/C and do a safe tune for a preformance increase? Is it simple and when you add a cat back system will it adjust for that or does it just have one program to fit all.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
COBRA32 said:
Hey RWTD got some questions for you. I have a stock 03 Cobra with just an K&N filter. What would I gain with the predator what kind of numbers would I get. I would like to remove the speed limiter and have the t/c off as default is this possible and at any time can go back to the stock program? Can you just change the speed limiter and the T/C and do a safe tune for a preformance increase? Is it simple and when you add a cat back system will it adjust for that or does it just have one program to fit all.
With a bone stock Cobra, you're going to see around 50 to 55 (possibly more) rwtq gain at 3k, and around 20 to 30 rwhp at the same rpm. Peak #'s you will a gain of around 15 to 20 rwhp in the upper rpms.

I can have the speed limiter removed for you via a custom tune. The T/C you can set to default to OFF yourself. You can definitely gain an increase in performance, safely, with the tuning.

Yes, you can return to stock at anytime that you wish by simply going to "Original Backup" on the Predator.

A catback system will not adversely affect the tuning, therefore not requiring a new tune to work with such a modification. The included tunes with it work well for the parts that they were designed around. I'm always here for my customer if they need a new tune to work properly in their vehicle, however, so you will never be out in the dark or alone.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if I can further assist you, as that is what I'm here for, sir!

Sincerely...

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
RWTD- i emailed you about the Predator with a few questions. Wondering if you recieved it. thanks

Dave

·
Registered
793 Posts
RWTD, are you saying that the biggest gain with the Predator is at low RPM? Is that because of a richer mixture there and/or more aggressive timing? Most stock curves I see are lean below 3000, going to very rich at 5000. Later computer codes are less rich at high RPM than early codes. Seems your claims are greater at low RPM than high (i.e only 20 HP gain on top).

SVTWillie, computer code is on sticker on passenger door near latch.

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
PhillyCobra said:
RWTD, are you saying that the biggest gain with the Predator is at low RPM? Is that because of a richer mixture there and/or more aggressive timing? Most stock curves I see are lean below 3000, going to very rich at 5000. Later computer codes are less rich at high RPM than early codes. Seems your claims are greater at low RPM than high (i.e only 20 HP gain on top).
Yes, the biggest gain with ANY tuning on the 2003 Cobra is in the lower rpms. Take a look at many '03 graphs, from before/after, provided they have started at 1 to 2k rpms, and you'll see the big gains around 3k, slowly tapering off to a still nice gain on top.

Fixing the lean condition down low, as well as increased timing (the timing on the factory calibration is low in the lower rpms), will provide additional torque, overall power, and low end throttle response.

I'll have some dynographs of my stock '03, from before/after, to post around 3:30 to 4pm Central this afternoon.

G

·
svtwillie,

Two places. The first, as mentioned, is on the passenger side door.

The second: pull the passenger side kick panel. You'll see the computer box behind it. The code is occasionally on the flat plate facing inward but usually on the side of the box opposite the wiring harness connector.

Early 2003's will have QUD2. Late 2003's will have YDH1.

Is your dyno data "corrected" (altitude, humidity, temp) or straight?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MotorHaven.com

Thanks for the info on the code...

The #'s are corrected.

The temp was around 72 with Humidity @72% I believe. They had a large fan blowing into the front toward the passenger side.

Bill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts