Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think i may have found a new mustang dyno near by with wideband available. are there diffrences between the diffrent types of dynos?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I think mustang dyno has a website. I would avoid using the mustang dyno if you could. When comparing data with all the other guys, it will be beneficial to have the same type of data.

I like the simpler approach of just an inertial load, basically turn a big weight (Dynojet's approach) rather than a load that is computer controlled.

JT

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Since the mustang dyno can vary the load, it can give you different a/f readings as well.

The a/f may be closer to what you see on the street with the Mustang dyno, since a dynojet "underloads" an '03, but what do you do with that possibly more accurate number?

Right now I think it has been esablished that cars that run in the 11's on a dynojet don't blow up. Maybe the mustang a/f number is closer to what it is on the street, so what if yours on the mustang comes back 12.0 or 12.3 or 13.0? does that mean you aren't safe? Maybe that would be 11.2 or 11.3 on a dyno jet? That is the problem as I see it, not enough guys have data from a mustang for you to compare it with.

I'm pretty sure the diablo guys use a Dynojet. Rick uses a dynojet and tests on the street as well.

JT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is there a way to adjust the mustang dyno to load like a dynojet??hmmm, its like the tree falling in the woods...

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Lugo perf in Orlando says this about their Mustang Dyno:

NEW FEATURE! Option to shut off eddy brake for unloaded dyno type number comparisons!

Does this make the number comparable to Dynojet numbers?? Does anyone know for sure??

here's the site: http://8830.hostinglogin.com/dyno_tuning.htm

gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, rick said he checks a/f on the street with the HYABAWASSE or something like that. and then checks em on the dyno as well. so im guessing if the mustang dyno puts a load on to simulate the road it will work. i hope

1 - 7 of 7 Posts