Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK guys, lets see who wins the cookie with the closest guess without going over. Heres the mods on my 2000 GT

P&P with valve job on PI heads
SHM mild race cams Duration @ .050 230/230 Lift .500/.500 LSA 114.
Pro-M 80mm mass air with K&N filter
24lb injectors
75mm T/B
Ported upper intake
1/2" phenolic intake spacer
Underdrive pulleys
FMS shorty headers
Mac Prochamber O/R mid pipe
Magnaflow Catback
Dyno tuned Autologic chip
3.73 gears

OK gents, start your bidding :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
315 hp
330 tq

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Duration @ .050 230/230 Lift .500/.500 LSA 114. Thanks for the link Ed. These are the specs. HEHE, I didnt even know the specs of the new cams. Sad how kept in the dark I have been during this whole evolution.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Racer726 said:
That's probably a typo on the web site. All other (even milder)cams have the .550 lift... .500 is less than stock.
Unless SHM changed them they are actually .495 lift. The cams are intended for non-PI heads.

Ed

·
Registered
172 Posts
stanggt00 said:
:lol Next victim. It already pulled almost that much untuned and with problems.
Victim? yeah, ****stick, I'll show you victim.

stanggt00 said:
278 rwhp 285 rwt untuned. Pulled the 278 to 6K and was still climbing. He shut it down cause of the stock internals. He said it would have probably pulled to or above 7K.
Looser.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fuk stick huh? Blow me. Cam timing was off, and that was with no air fuel or timing adjustments. Before the headers, Pro-M, injectors, catback, P&P and cams, it was pulling 252 and 305, so :shootbird

·
Registered
802 Posts
Racer726 said:
Victim? yeah, ****stick, I'll show you victim.

Looser.
It was a joke bro. "next victim" as in your'e wrong. Next guess? I don't think he was trying to be what you just were- a moron.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And if it was still CLIMBING (maybe a better word) past 6k, where normal N/A tunes drop off about 5200 it would be up in the 280's UNTUNED, UNADJUSTED. When someone who does this for a living says it should be much more than that, I tend to believe him.

Looks like someone got offended. Oh well, not everyone has a sense of humor. I wasnt flaming you in any way. So, either get over it or dont bother. It doesnt hurt my feelings none.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Micool. You know what I have been through with this whole thing. I hope to find out something tomorrow. Kind of mad that the shop promises to call but doesnt. He worked on it all day saturday, normally closed, and said he would call. Sigh, no such luck. I hate to keep calling all the time too. Dont want to stop him from doing his job and or become a pain in the arse. I didnt see your prediction up there :D Take a guess.

·
Registered
802 Posts
stanggt00 said:
Thanks Micool. You know what I have been through with this whole thing. I hope to find out something tomorrow. Kind of mad that the shop promises to call but doesnt. He worked on it all day saturday, normally closed, and said he would call. Sigh, no such luck. I hate to keep calling all the time too. Dont want to stop him from doing his job and or become a pain in the arse. I didnt see your prediction up there :D Take a guess.
Hey I understand your frustration. My car went from needing to be on the dyno for 1-2 hours to them having it for 2 weeks to tune it. Granted, the tune is awesome but seems like I couldv'e gotten more than "Uh, should be done today." Didn't expect to have to rent a car to get it tuned but I guess you live and learn. Anyway, I'll say 315 rwhp/ 315 rwtq. Good luck!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cobra Killer said:
Keep it civil girls.:)

Tim
:lol This coming from one of the three stooges who say worse things about each others wife. :D No problems here Tim. Going to watch it on the Dyno today. Just waiting for the call :blob

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Well..........

we do this for a living......:D . Your current camshaft profile will not make power to 7000rpm. Trust me, I know...LOL. N/A they make power to ~6000rpm, supercharged to ~6500rpm. They work best in supercharged applications. Just thought one of the "stooges" would shed some light. :D

Regards
Scott
Team VT
:king

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This I understand. However, the car was still climbing in HP through 6k. "Joe" said it was still pulling hard on the dyno, but he shut it down because of stock internals. He is degree'ing the cams to move the power band down some, increasing the torque and bringing the power into the 5500 range. Atleast thats how I interpreted what he told me, so if it's not a technical explanation, thats my fault.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts