Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well no 500/600 club. :( Oh well maybe next time. Everything got rushed there because they had some POS turbo civic there that wouldn't rev out and then when it finally did it got a mind-blowing 174FWHP! YaY! So I didn't get any more then 5-10 minutes cool down between runs, so all runs were made at full operating temps. Every run was over 500RWHP and 580 RWTQ. The best was 511RWHP and 588RWTQ SAE. I believe JDM uses STD so I guess my gains were fairly good. Temps were between 75-80. Not very humid. My brother's truck put down 431RWHP and 560RWTQ SAE with a pretty mild tune(J39). Hit the gas on the way home and she pulled like it never has before. I am very impressed. I guess my next trip should be to the track. :D -Mat-

·
Registered
924 Posts
with stock bottom end that's great . Hope to here some track times from you soon.: The 11second zone is yours for sure..:blob

·
Registered
64 Posts
WOW

Great #'s Bro
how many lbs of boost did you run, and how was your A/F?
And your mods are pretty simaler if I'm not mistaken right?
I'll be going to the Dyno next weekend I'll be sure to post the results of my 22lb Stocker!:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice numbers dude!

Do you have a dyno graph you can scan? Since we have similar power numbers, was just interested in comparing the curves of the two runs...

Frank-
Dude, be careful, 22lbs on a stock motor?

You gearing up for a new motor anyway? :)

-Dale

·
Registered
352 Posts
With 22#'s you better be full of 105 Phlips race fuel. Youre living on borrowed time now Frank :rofl

Be sure to let us know what #'s you end up pulling.

Good #'s Mat:king Go hit the track

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the compliments.

I was gonna try for the track this Saturday but I bought a 97 Yukon for a tow vehicle and will most likely be going to Virginia to go get it.

Dale, I will try and post up the sheets in a reasonable amount of time, my scanner blows and my digital camera is giving me probems. I will say this though, the curver are nowheres near as smooth when I was making less power in boost. The truck never falls off though, so I was expecting the flatest curves I have ever seen. Probably has a lot to do with the truck being so hot though. -Mat-

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mofo comon know.

You now Danny takes very good care of my truck AND everyone else who he tunes!:blob
And since the Bakersfeild Event the truck ran so good at 18lbs since then we 've been running 22lbs The main problem is no Traction, with not 1 hint of detnation!
All the power is there and very saftly we just gotta keep the wheels from breaking loose the first half of the track.
If you wanna see the beast scream your welcom to come down to the Barona Dragstrip this sat night from 5pm to 11pm weather is gonna be perfect. maybe 60 with a 15galon supercooler :D
Pease!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hey Frank, how is that track anyways? I noticed CB has been a ghost town and the buzz everyone is at Barona's.

BTW. You need either a 29.5 or 30 inch tire on 15 inch to control your traction probs.

·
Registered
64 Posts

Barona is pretty Clean and prep'd, and yes Carlsbad has been really dead since the Heat moved in.
And compared to being open from 5 pm to 11pm I say screw Carlsbad.
I know I need bigger rims and rubber but I'll do the best with what I have for know, I guess.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Frank -

Did you get a roll bar? Or do they not say anything at Barona?

Good luck, I know I wouldn't trust the stock rods to 500+ hp, no matter how safe the tune is :)

-Dale

·
Registered
64 Posts
its a 1/8 mile track Dale

Bar will be in Oct. I hope it turns out like yours I really dig it.
7 months with 500+ No Boom
Thats the advange I guess of having a real tunner and his own Dyno, the proofs in the pudding. :blob
No Offence to anyone, just what I feel.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Dont forget those magic 99/00 rods :rofl

They can only take so much bro... I would pass on the bar myself and throw that $$$ straight into the Shortblock. Downtime sucks big time, esp so close to FFW.

Dale, when do you want to make a trip down to Barona?

Frank, what day of the week are they doing night drags?

·
Registered
64 Posts

SEPT.
Sat 13
Wed 17
Sat 27

OCT.
Wed 1
Sat 11
Wed 15
Sat 25