1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well finally got it on the dyno, untuned with 3 week old gas made

[email protected]
[email protected]

This is untuned, and I want to spin the car to 7500, looked like it would have made around [email protected] 10:1 A/F

I was seeing 9 PSI out of the little S trim.

Hopefully will bein the 500 range for the shootout, who knows.. I will have very little time in the car, so looks like I am just going to have fun. Cant afford the bigger blower right now :(

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Josh, was this on a dynojet or MD dyno? You car has plenty in it, it will just take a little time to get it all ironed out. Good luck! See you at the shootout.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was on a dyno jet.. what pulley were you running on your S Trim, I have the 3.1 on it..

Ohh yeah it has a lot left in it.. timing was at 15deg, it was just on a base CJ tune. They said they heard it miss around 6600 so didnt want to pull it any higher, I didnt hear it though?? Still have a long ways to go in the car, just wont be as ready for the shootout as I would have liked to be..

Went [email protected] MPH in the 1/8 friday night with a 1.66 60ft, first pass since last July, shifted at 5000 and rode 3rd out.. first pass, pretty much a shakedown run

Got the short time down to 1.54 on my 3rd pass, but stock clutch cable was giving me problems ran [email protected] with the clutch slipping HARD, so getting adjustable cable, other than that the car was leaving straight and hard, still has the steeda lowering springs in the back, so was a little stiff.. those are going away this week too.. so who knows where I will be for the shootout...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Josh, I was running a 3.12 stock Vortech 8-rib pulley and was seeing ~18psi. Do you have the Gt impellar or are you still running the stock Vortech SC trim?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My blower came with the 3.60 pulley, running the 3.1 pulley now, its not a SC its just a V-1, asked vortech bout the impeller, they said they didnt upgrade it? I thought you could.. I am getting a JT trim later this fall anyway. The heads flowed 298 on intake and 245 exh. and the intake is portmatchted, maybe why I am not seeing huge boost numbers.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Don't worry man, with a little tuning you will easily top the 500 mark.;) I do have a couple questions for you though. First, What rpm's are you launching at on the track? Second, Are you running any kind of heavy duty bellhousing on your tranny? I should be hitting the track for the first time with my ET Streets this week. Just loking for some pointers.

P.S. Feel free to chime in as well Chad.;)

Razor.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mrs

I hae an SFI Lakewood Bellhousing (400000 bolts it seems like) for the TKO, launching at about 6000, spining on slicks.

ET streets are good, just start at around 14 psi, and launch at different RPMS, hope your not on the stock tranny :)

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Re: Mrs

vortechcobra97 said:
I hae an SFI Lakewood Bellhousing (400000 bolts it seems like) for the TKO, launching at about 6000, spining on slicks.

ET streets are good, just start at around 14 psi, and launch at different RPMS, hope your not on the stock tranny :)
Ya man I am on the stock tranny (Tremec 3650 :( ). I don't think it's going to hold up long though. I'm only worried about the flywheel coming through the floorbard and cutting my leg because I have no bellhousing in my car. I guess when I break this tranny and get a TKO I will do it. How do you like the TKO? Does it shift easily?

Razor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am on a stocklongblock, stock trans, stock rear end except a gear, and I can carry my car into the tens with no problems. Car has been down te track a good 60times this year so far and has a couple street miles on it too. So don't get leary about the stock stuff, it will hold up as long as you dont abuse it. What I do is kind of slip the clutch out of the hole and i'll pull a 1.52 60ft all day, which is even better than when i used to just dump the clutch. Another thing is drive it like ya stole it, if it breaks oh well but i have had some awesome luck and have 70k on all my stuff, oh yeah and the car sees over 500rwhp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts