Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here they are, I am far happier now than I have been, I gained a lot of HP with just flow masters and the Denso Iridium's, I am sold on these plugs. I did not Dyno the car after installing the flow master cat back, and they were to loud for me, so I added a 12" resonator to quiet them down, so the car made 362.6 RWHP and 383.5 foot pounds of torque, and I believe if I do a set of BBK LTH it will gain even more, the headers will have to be modified to fit because I am running a 4R70W, now this is a 02 GT that idles perfect does not buck or stall the car runs perfect, and I am pretty happy with a stock bottom end GT Mustang with an automatic that runs 12's and makes decent power and drives like a daily driver. Any one who says you can make decent safe power on these cars are wrong. And there will be those who may say the car should make more, and it could, I am totaly happy at this point to turn the boost up now is not worth the risk on stock pistons and rods.
I will do a 2800/3000 stall and some suspention work other than that I very happy with the car.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/MY02GT.jpg
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/MYCAR02gt1.jpg

Dennis A Reinhart
WWW.ReinhartAutomotive.Com

·
Registered
492 Posts
What kind of program/chip are you using with your setup? Is it the standard tune that they sell with the supercharger, or was it custom tuned on a dyno? If not done on a dyno, I would HIGHLY recomend that you do. You will probalby get atleast 15 or more out of a custom dyno tune. I've seen stock stangs with a blower hit 400 off of a custom dyno tune.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stanggt00 said:
What kind of program/chip are you using with your setup? Is it the standard tune that they sell with the supercharger, or was it custom tuned on a dyno? If not done on a dyno, I would HIGHLY recomend that you do. You will probalby get atleast 15 or more out of a custom dyno tune. I've seen stock stangs with a blower hit 400 off of a custom dyno tune.
there are very few 4R70W 02 GT's that hit 400 RWHP on a stock bottomend, 400 RWHP with a auto is like 480 to the flywheel I will invest in pistons and rods first, tuning is not a issue with me,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts