Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I took my Base Model 2012 Auto 5.0 down to Racers Edge Tuning in Downey, CA for a Custom Dyno Tune. My mods are a C&L Cold Air Intake, UPR Offroad X-Pipe and Roush Axelback Exhaust. The car was tuned on 91 pump gas.

Run #1 is my bone stock numbers. Run #'s 11 & 12 are the numbers after mods and tuning. Let me know what you think. I am happy with the calibration SCT Tuner Greg Monroe provided. The car runs great.

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

· Registered
309 Posts
Were those numbers ran in 4th? My car was never dyno'd in 4th, so the numbers were a little low about 10rwhp. At least that's what I think happened because most cars with the sct dealers software can lock in 4th. I gained 20 rwhp with a k&n panel filter, GT500 AB and tune. Have been told that these cars don't gain anything with the panel filter and axle back.

I think your gains were mostly from the o/r x pipe and tune. Those are some strong numbers!

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice gains. Is your car Stick or Auto?
It is an Automatic with Stock Gears (3.15's). Thanks for the reply.

Were those numbers ran in 4th? My car was never dyno'd in 4th, so the numbers were a little low about 10rwhp. At least that's what I think happened because most cars with the sct dealers software can lock in 4th. I gained 20 rwhp with a k&n panel filter, GT500 AB and tune. Have been told that these cars don't gain anything with the panel filter and axle back.

I think your gains were mostly from the o/r x pipe and tune. Those are some strong numbers!
Yes, the Converter was locked for the Dyno Runs. From what I have read, making the Exhaust breathe more efficiently seems to be the ticket to making Horsepower. My Tuner really did a good job with the Calibration. Thanks for the reply.

· Registered
321 Posts
Looking at the lower half of the dyno sheet really impresses me! Very healthy gains down there. I bet if you do the math, an average Hp gain from say 3000 to 7000 is going to look a lot better than percentage gain in peak Hp. Really makes a fun driver when the torque goes up like that.

· Registered
111 Posts
Looking at the lower half of the dyno sheet really impresses me! Very healthy gains down there. I bet if you do the math, an average Hp gain from say 3000 to 7000 is going to look a lot better than percentage gain in peak Hp. Really makes a fun driver when the torque goes up like that.
Yeah, that is nice! I haven't seen enough manual trans dynos yet in my research, but does anyone know if you get similar gains down low like that by tuning an M6 car?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree. The car is a blast to drive.

Yeah, that is nice! I haven't seen enough manual trans dynos yet in my research, but does anyone know if you get similar gains down low like that by tuning an M6 car?
Not sure on that. I keep in touch with my Tuner, so I will see if he could post a comparison between a Manual and Auto car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.