Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to baseline the Cobra today, so I did 3 pulls, two stock and one with the Densecharger installed. The first run was done right after pulling in and strapping down.
Another point: My car has a tip in stumble and I'm wondering if it could be due to the fact that I'm a tard and didn't disconnnect the battery after putting on the DC.

Here's stock:

And here's 35 minutes later with just the DC installed:

Needless to say, I am VERY impressed with this car for its first trip to the dyno.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Did you get AF with these pulls? I would love to see it stock vs the DC. 20+ hp from the CAI alone is sweet.

KO

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did your Densecharger relocate the MAF to the 12:00 position, or is it still in the stock location next to the fenderwell?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Marlow said:
I didn't do AF. I will wait until after I put on a catback to get the AF readings.
I think you'll find that with the densecharger that the a/f ratio will be running lean from 3000 to 4500 RPM's. Here's my dyno sheet with the densecharger & QMP x-pipe/catback being the only mods. BTW: Another friend of mine had his 03 dyno'ed the same day (we both had the same mods), with amost identicle results.

I've since had my 03 chiped to correct the a/f. After I did the chip - I had a huge problem with engine surge at cold idle (fluctuating from 500 to 1000RPMs). Reinstalled the densecharger in the UP position and cured the problems. Just FYI

Mark...

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Looks as if U densecharger guys are getting good results, I am debating which kit to get, JLP ram air, Densecharger, or 9-12 inch open ended K&N?????? Someone shed some light! Thanks Trey

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm happy with the power gained with the DC. As for the leaning out issue, I would tune it out with either mafterburner or maybe the new Predator before I did anything more than exhaust. If I see any of the stalling problems, I'd just sell it to someone with a stock car and get a different CAI. Very much worth the money on a stock or near stock car though, IMO. I plan to keep mine pretty much stock until after the warranty is up anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts