Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello folks,

Not certain if this has been brought up before, however I have a rattle in the e-brake handle that is rather annoying, it starts up when accelerating, pretty much any RPM and real noticeable in 5th.

Has anyone encountered this and if so can you recommend a fix?

For those that complain about the vibrations and such that are caused by the various aftermarket shifters I too had this little problem, fixed that puppy by inserting two small washers (plumbing shop variety) 1/8" thick between the rear mounting bracket and the tunnel of the vehicle. That and a couple of square feet of B-Quiet around the shifter opening in the tunnel. (B-Quiet is a Dynamat like product at 1/2 the price).

·
Registered
168 Posts
hello folks,

Not certain if this has been brought up before, however I have a rattle in the e-brake handle that is rather annoying, it starts up when accelerating, pretty much any RPM and real noticeable in 5th.

Has anyone encountered this and if so can you recommend a fix?

For those that complain about the vibrations and such that are caused by the various aftermarket shifters I too had this little problem, fixed that puppy by inserting two small washers (plumbing shop variety) 1/8" thick between the rear mounting bracket and the tunnel of the vehicle. That and a couple of square feet of B-Quiet around the shifter opening in the tunnel. (B-Quiet is a Dynamat like product at 1/2 the price).
I dont know about this problem personally but, when I was looking at the MGW shifter install, at the end of the install they use the extra dynamat to fix the e-brake handle from rattling like you are describing. Go to MGW's website and watch their install and they will show u how to take it apart and dynamat it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.