Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys starting my E85 build, I've already modded the car with standard boltons.

Stage 1 CMS cams
PI head swap
Long tubes O/R H
Diablo sport switch Chip
ACCUFAB 75 MM TB/P

I know this is all about fuel systems and a good tune, I plan on running a vortec V2sq trim in the coming years so if I do the fuel system now I won't have to worry about it.

Parts I was looking at were

80lb Injectors
Twin Focus fuel pumps
Lightning 90MM MAF
A good tune
Cobalt Wideband
Cobalt Fuel pressure

I would get a gasoline tune and the E85 just incase. My car still has the loop back system for the fuel so I believe thats a good thing.

Anyway what do ya'll think? Any parts I'm missing ??? Or should change???

Font Circle Logo Graphics Symbol

· Registered
174 Posts
You don't need 80lb injectors. 42's or 60's will work just fine and give you room to grow if staying NA or nitrous only.

What are your goals for the car?

I would go with bigger cams and port the heads.

My only two regrets with my E85 2 valve build were not porting the heads and going with oversize valves, and the big one, not running 13-1 compression (or higher if you have balls:rock:). I have ran nothing but E85 for the last year. I never messed with the 93 octane tune at all so keeping the lower compression ratio just cost me power.

· Registered
169 Posts
You don't need 80lb injectors. 42's or 60's will work just fine and give you room to grow if staying NA or nitrous only.

What are your goals for the car?

I would go with bigger cams and port the heads.

My only two regrets with my E85 2 valve build were not porting the heads and going with oversize valves, and the big one, not running 13-1 compression (or higher if you have balls:rock:). I have ran nothing but E85 for the last year. I never messed with the 93 octane tune at all so keeping the lower compression ratio just cost me power.
Exactly what he said. I'm going for the extreme side of e85. 13.5+:1 compression as seen here: http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?t=47328

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I won't be tearing into the bottom end at all so it'll have to stay at 10.5:1 on the compression. I will eventually being putting a vortec on like I said but until the funds come I won't be messing with all of that. Do you guys think that I will loose power switching to E85 staying with 10.5:1???

· Registered
169 Posts
Well I won't be tearing into the bottom end at all so it'll have to stay at 10.5:1 on the compression. I will eventually being putting a vortec on like I said but until the funds come I won't be messing with all of that. Do you guys think that I will loose power switching to E85 staying with 10.5:1???
you'll drop fuel mileage and you won't be taking full advantage of the fuel with only 10.5:1. The higher the CR the more efficient an e85 motor becomes.

I'd look for a Complete mark viii motor. 12:1 compression with 2v heads... there's a motor for sale locally for $300 pan to throttle body.

· Registered
169 Posts
sooo what you're saying is that I'll loose gas mileage "which I figured do to the amount of fuel needed" and gain no more hp...?
you'll definitely gain power about 4% from going from the stock 9.0 to 10.5 CR. not to mention the amount of power you'd get from running additional timing (20+ degrees seems to be the norm). But to truly maximize the use of e85, you need high compression, lots of boost, and/or quite a bit of timing.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just wanted to do something that would be a fun mod that wouldn't be crazy expensive. She put down 269whp with the mods I have now; not to mention 15yr old injectors and MAF sensor. I was hoping for another 10 from the E85 and 10 from under-drive pulleys. Does anyone thing 300 whp is possible???

· Registered
169 Posts
it's definitely obtainable... but again I'd drop a mark viii short block in there to really boost power. going from 9.0 to 12.0 would be about an 8-9% increase in power just from CR which would get you damn near your 300whp goal as your car sits currently, not to mention any mods you plan on adding to that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.