Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Medical equipment Medical Service Font Gas I have a set of barely used Eagle 4.6 forged h-beam rods with 8740 ARP rod bolts. They are standard stock length 5.933 and .866 rod pin. They were installed for approx 4k miles before I totalled the car. All engine components were intact. Crosshatch on rod pin bushing can still be seen on this rods. Asking $300 plus shipping.

·
Registered
5 Posts
what kinda deal would you give me for the rods and crank together??? if you have pistons too im interested in them as well

·
Registered
501 Posts
Did you record the bolt stretch?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you record the bolt stretch?
The rods were torqued once since new. I used the specs from Eagle along with ARP permatorque to get the most accurate torque value. I don't have a stretch measurement because I don't have the tool.

06CTS-V

·
Registered
501 Posts
What size are the bolts, 3/8 or 7/16? I'm interested but would have to replace the bolts.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Could you look at your rod bolts and compare with this guide? http://www.eaglerod.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=25 The thing about 8740 bolts is they can only stretch a certain amount before they have to be tossed, without an initial measurement to compare them to they really can't be reused. Eagle uses a proprietary arp bolt and I would like which one would be needed for your rods to compare total cost vs new rods.

Thank you

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Could you look at your rod bolts and compare with this guide? http://www.eaglerod.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=25 The thing about 8740 bolts is they can only stretch a certain amount before they have to be tossed, without an initial measurement to compare them to they really can't be reused. Eagle uses a proprietary arp bolt and I would like which one would be needed for your rods to compare total cost vs new rods.

Thank you
I just measured one of the bolts and it measures 1.502 in. The bolt head identification and the underhead measurement coincide. The .002 difference could be from my caliper and angle of measurement.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts