Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can buy a harness that goes between the existing harness on the car and the ecm? I don't want to cut or tap into the existing harness, I want something that I can tap in to and be able to remove leaving no damage.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
You could also you it to tap in for MSD, a shift light, fan switches and an intercooler pump switch.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
liquidsilver said:
If you are doing it for the MAFterburner. I am waiting for the Preditor for the same reason.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wouldn't it be sweet to have about a 6" harness extension piece that had labeled T-taps already in place for all of the common aftermarket performance hookups?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Toofast4u - I have thought about the same thing but I am not sure that the Preditor will give you the flexibility that the Mafterburner will, also the Mafterburner has a built in window switch that you can ad a shiftlight or NOS to.

Larryc7777 - I know that these exist in the import world but I have not seen them for us. I think that a lot of people would rather tap into something that they know that they can replace instead of the original harness.

·
Registered
94 Posts
larryc7777 said:
Wouldn't it be sweet to have about a 6" harness extension piece that had labeled T-taps already in place for all of the common aftermarket performance hookups?
There has to be someone out there that could make us an extention. But, who?

·
Registered
94 Posts
JT said:
I would definatly be in. I hate cutting tha factory harness.

JT
Exactly! This is why I havn't bought the MAFterburner yet. I just don't want to cut the factory harness.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
liquidsilver said:
the Mafterburner has a built in window switch that you can ad a shiftlight or NOS to.
Can't help with NOS but the raptor shiftlight does not require pills or a tach unit to work with our cars. I agree a add-on harness would be awesome if anybody has the resources it might be good for a lot of sales.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Toofast4u - you are right, the Raptor shift light does not need any pills but what it does need is a rpm signal which you can get from either at the coil or inside the car at the ecm. The Raptor is the way to go, 3 wires and you are done but you have to tap in somewhere hench needing the harness.

·
Registered
282 Posts
MAFterburner will sell you a pluggable harness for like $100 bucks extra. This way you don't have to modify your stock harness for the installation.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Obiefox said:
MAFterburner will sell you a pluggable harness for like $100 bucks extra. This way you don't have to modify your stock harness for the installation.

Kevin
Actually, that would be Pro-M Racing that has the harness. The only problem is that it only goes in between the MAF and it's connector so you would still have to tap into the TPS and COIL signals......or you can use their MAFTuner.

MJ

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sorry MJ, thanks for the clarification.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
MJ this would be a great idea to increase sales of your products. hint hint

·
Registered
684 Posts
when i had a supra i remember there was this company called Fields that made a ECE extender harness (they charged $3xx for), so you could tap into all of the ecu wires without cutting into the main harness. they discontinued that product but someone started making their own. looks very time consuming and parts look to be around $80-100, i don't know how much labor/parts it would take for our cars. here is a pic of what it would look like:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep, fields did make them. You would think that there is someone that makes these for our cars. I am still searching and if I find something I will post.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It would be easy to solder and heat shrink an extension... Does anyone know where you can get PCM EEC-V Male and Female Connectors?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Bosko said:
It would be easy to solder and heat shrink an extension... Does anyone know where you can get PCM EEC-V Male and Female Connectors?
....and therein lies the problem! We've been trying to purchase these from the only place you can buy them....Ford Component Sales. They are a proprietary design done by Amp (Tyco) for Ford and they will not sell nor release any information about them except to Ford.

We're currently developing our timing tuner and when that is done we will integrate the MAFterburner, eFPC, and ETA (timing) functions into a single piggy back Air/Fuel/Spark management computer. This will hopefully take advantage of the EEC-V connectors but only time will tell if Ford will sell them to us.

I'll keep y'all posted but........it may take a while.

Best,

MJ

1 - 20 of 20 Posts