Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The results are in.....

The test vehicle came to us with the following mods:

Headman Shorty Headers and Offroad H-Pipe
Axle-Back Exhaust System
MSD Coils
Custom Tune

Baseline numbers were 293 RWHP / 311 RWTQ

We added the Edelbrock Supercharger and a custom tune.

Post test numbers were 437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ @ 6 lbs.

Dyno Video

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

·
Registered
476 Posts
So that puts it around roughly 415rwhp at 6psi with a stock car...wasnt this thing supposed to put down 460rwhp on 6psi...

Oh, and THANK YOU for actually posting the Edelbrock numbers!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So that puts it around roughly 415rwhp at 6psi with a stock car...wasnt this thing supposed to put down 460rwhp on 6psi...

Oh, and THANK YOU for actually posting the Edelbrock numbers!
I would say that's a fairly accurate guess.

Edelbrock says HP, not RWHP so they may advertise it as 460 crank hp.

No problem :tip:

-Rick

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That awesome for only 6psi.....Is there room to grow with this kit ?
PLEASE READ: - I was unsure how to log boost, and had our tuner take a look at it for me. It does indeed make more than 6 lbs. The kit has the standard Edelbrock pulley, but makes the following boost at these rpm's.

up to 4,500 rpms - 6 lbs.

5,000 rpms - 6.5 lbs.

5,500 rpms - 8 lbs.

6,000 rpms - 9.5 lbs.

Thank you

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just spoke to Edelbrock and they said they quote boost at the nominal range and the blower is so efficient, it spikes as rpm's increase.

-Rick

·
Registered
71 Posts
PLEASE READ: - I was unsure how to log boost, and had our tuner take a look at it for me. It does indeed make more than 6 lbs. The kit has the standard Edelbrock pulley, but makes the following boost at these rpm's.

up to 4,500 rpms - 6 lbs.

5,000 rpms - 6.5 lbs.

5,500 rpms - 8 lbs.

6,000 rpms - 9.5 lbs.

Thank you

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports
Rick thanks for posting this info wow this this system peaks at 9.5psi (6K) this would not be considered a 6psi pulley but rather a 9.5-10psi pulley kit imo.

So wonder what it peaks at 6500 maybe 10psi?

·
Registered
86 Posts
will the motor last at 9.5psi?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Rick thanks for posting this info wow this this system peaks at 9.5psi (6K) this would not be considered a 6psi pulley but rather a 9.5-10psi pulley kit imo.
+1

actually 9.5 psi with 437 at the rear is not that great !
No, it's not that great at all...

·
Registered
454 Posts
I thought these were supposed to make more than that in the base form?? I have JBA long tubes,hi-flow cats,JBA axle backs and 3.73 gears in my 08 GT with an auto trans. Was leaning back/forthfrom Saleen475 to Edelbrock...but with Saleen having sold the company...now i'm not sure??? Anyone else have an auto trans with a blower?? Issues...etc? Thanks,Joe

·
Registered
617 Posts
I thought these were supposed to make more than that in the base form?? I have JBA long tubes,hi-flow cats,JBA axle backs and 3.73 gears in my 08 GT with an auto trans. Was leaning back/forthfrom Saleen475 to Edelbrock...but with Saleen having sold the company...now i'm not sure??? Anyone else have an auto trans with a blower?? Issues...etc? Thanks,Joe
Just about everybody offers a system for the Auto trans. You want to keep the boost around 8psi for a 100% stock trans so you can install a FRPP/Whipple, KB, Techo and Edelbrock. You'll have to decide on which best suits your needs. Saleen is gone as of now, although Power-tec bought them, I typically hate buying things that are not currently in production, if you have issues, it could be a problem down the road.

Dustin

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Good to see the data. Can you upload the .dlf file please?
Can you provide any info on the tune...AFR, timing? What type of fuel (octane)?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts