Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and foremost, the official word from Edelbrock below is that the E-Force Supercharger System is starting to ship. We're expecting our kits here within the next few business days and we will be testing our first system with the 3.50" pulley, which is expected to produce between 7.5-8PSI on a vehicle with stock manifolds. We will also use the addition of an Edelbrock Competition Air Intake Assembly which utilizes a 90# PMAS velocity MAF sensor and should be good for well over 800RWHP. That will leave us with plenty of range for the 460RWHP or so this kit is expected to produce. More information below the press release! Now on with it!

----------------------------------------- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Now Shipping! Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger System for 2005-09 Ford Mustang GT

TORRANCE, CA (FEBRUARY 11, 2008) - Edelbrock is excited to announce the arrival of their E-Force Supercharger system for 2005-09 Ford Mustang GT. This all-new design is engineered and manufactured by Edelbrock and features an Eaton® Twin Vortices Series (TVS®) GEN VI rotor assembly - the same internals used on the new Corvette ZR-1. The ultra-low restriction design has 15" long runners for maximum torque, an integrated bypass valve for reduced parasitic loss, and a high capacity 110 square inch air-to-water intercooler. This combination improves a 2005-2009 Mustang GT to an impressive 466 horsepower and 439 ft./lbs. of torque, with only five (5) pounds of boost, producing more power per psi than any Mustang supercharger system on the market today.

Now shipping, Edelbrock offers two packages; a complete 50-state legal kit (#1580) designed to bolt-on and produce 466 horsepower and 439 foot pounds of torque at five pounds of boost pressure and an off-road use competition kit (#1585) designed for purpose built applications requiring additional boost pressure and custom calibration.

This complete kit (#1580) includes everything you need to install the E-Force supercharger on 2005-2009 Mustang GT's, including supercharger/manifold assembly, air inlet with 85mm throttle body, fuel injectors, air-to-water intercooler, spark plugs, coil covers and handheld flash programmer to properly tune the factory ECU for the added power. Edelbrock offers an available 3-Year/36,000 mile warranty and 50-State emissions legal EO is pending.

Competition kit (#1585) is capable of supporting 700-800 horsepower, depending on application, and includes the essential components including, supercharger manifold assembly, 85mm throttle body, idler bracket, belt tensioner brace, water crossover, intercooler and intercooler pump, heat exchanger, idler pulleys and mounting hardware. Undersized pulleys are available in 2.75", 3.00", 3.25" and 3.50".
  • Features Include:
  • More horsepower per psi than any other Mustang system on the market
  • 2300cc (140 cubic inch) Eaton® TVS® GEN VI rotor assembly
  • Unique intake manifold design with 15" long runners for increased low-end torque
  • 100,000 mile self-contained oiling system
  • Installs under the stock hood while maintaining factory accessories
  • Available 50-State Street Legal complete kit or Off-Road use competition kit
  • Available 3 Year/36,000 mile warranty
  • Made in USA for absolute quality and performance
  • Retail prices: $5,795.87 (#1580 complete kit); $4,459.87 (#1585 competition kit)
For more information visit www.shoptillman.com.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, now that that's over with... We're going to post all of the technical data that we acquire in this thread, for those who have been calling and messaging looking for more information. The is an array of info on our website, here is the direct link to our Stage 1 Upgraded E-Force Supercharger System:

http://shoptillman.com/products/Til...rger_System_2005_2009_Mustang_GT-159-160.html

We plan on providing full intake air temperature results as well as timing and air fuels. Keep in mind the Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger Systems (both Street Legal 5PSI and Tillman Speed Stage 1 7.5-8PSI) relocate the intake air temperature to the back of the blower. We will read boost levels after the intercooler. Edelbrock utilizes a TMAP sensor on this system, which has a pressure transducer and temperature sensor. This is an ideal for those looking to monitor boost electronically. Something with barometric correction would work awesome!

We will have pictures, dyno videos, and probably a full video documentary within the next week. We'll keep everyone updated with all of the technical data we can on this thread.

Thanks again for reading!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed Inc.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Subscribing :thumb2:

This bad boy is on my list for my new ride this fall.
Considering your only an hour north of me,I'll be in
touch! Roush is going back to street duty real soon.

Chris,sorry if I missed it,what size is the 5lb. pulley?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Subscribing :thumb2:

This bad boy is on my list for my new ride this fall.
Considering your only an hour north of me,I'll be in
touch! Roush is going back to street duty real soon.

Chris,sorry if I missed it,what size is the 5lb. pulley?
Hey, glad to hear it! We await your call!

I think the factory 5lb pulley is 3.75 or 3.8, I'll confirm which tomorrow for you.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's completely understandable.

Edelbrock is known for their quality craftmanship and so is Eaton. I think that when the kit comes to market, it will be what you expect of a large performance brand and shouldn't have any bug or quirks in the production kit.

We'll make sure we have great reviews and results on this kit for you to look at. We'll also be keeping in touch with the customer, and maybe post some dyno results a few thousand miles down the road to see how she's holding up!

Chris Rose

·
Registered
454 Posts
Looking into a supercharger for my 08 GT with an auto trans. How do you think this compares to a Saleen 475??? My car has a few mods already. JBA longtubes/JBA H-pipe with hi flo cats/JBA mufflers/3.73 gears/MMR CAI/SCT custom tune ffrom So-Cal tuning. I have a BBK twin 62mm T-body and Steeda underdrive pullies not installed yet.I know the pullies won't work with the blower..BUT if i use a Saleen...won't the T-body work just fine? I want this to remain totally streetable..BUT i do play at the track(strip) occasionally. Thanks for any help. Want to get a supercharger on my cat next month or so!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Question. Will the Cold Air setup work on a street car calibration? Roush tech line told me NOT to install their CAI on my 04 F-150 with the RoushCharger???

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hellooooo

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking into a supercharger for my 08 GT with an auto trans. How do you think this compares to a Saleen 475??? My car has a few mods already. JBA longtubes/JBA H-pipe with hi flo cats/JBA mufflers/3.73 gears/MMR CAI/SCT custom tune ffrom So-Cal tuning. I have a BBK twin 62mm T-body and Steeda underdrive pullies not installed yet.I know the pullies won't work with the blower..BUT if i use a Saleen...won't the T-body work just fine? I want this to remain totally streetable..BUT i do play at the track(strip) occasionally. Thanks for any help. Want to get a supercharger on my cat next month or so!!
Sorry, we've been working our ass off on this kit. I think that this kit is going to really blow away the Saleen 475. As far as the quality of the kit, the better components that you receive, the ease of installation, relocation of IAT, and competion air intake assembly, range of upgradability, this kit cannot be beat!

You're going to have to use Edelbrock's 85mm monoblade throttle body, but trust me it's an awesome throttle body! Larger area than a GT500 throttle body, plastic gearing for no binding, smooth operation... it's SICK!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Question. Will the Cold Air setup work on a street car calibration? Roush tech line told me NOT to install their CAI on my 04 F-150 with the RoushCharger???
Yes, the cold air intake will work on any street car. Edelbrock has added the cold air intake calibration to the diablosport for the 5 psi kit, or we can just custom tune for it like we do with our stage 1 upgrade package.

Chris

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yeah, maybe they had connecticus roddus ejectus. Or pistonus ashtrayus. Or beltus shreddus. :eek:oh:

I read in another thread they had a problem (which they have not disclosed) and were waiting on Edelbrock for parts.

And my Edelbrock tensioner stiffener has been on order for weeks from Tillman with zero communication. I called on Friday and found out it is back-ordered - perhaps the issues are on the Edelbrock end.

Keep us updated...even if there are bumps in the road, it is good to share - especially for those of us that do our own wrenching.

As I posted elsewhere, I am VERY interested in this setup vs. the Roush TVS2300 for an upgrade to my little M90.

·
Registered
454 Posts
This does not sound good? I'm still debating between the Edelbrock/.Tillman upgraded kit and a Techco for my 08 GT. Been waqiting for additional Techco info which has not arrived yet?

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
This does not sound good? I'm still debating between the Edelbrock/.Tillman upgraded kit and a Techco for my 08 GT. Been waqiting for additional Techco info which has not arrived yet?
Pics are on there way sir, and we can email instructions if you like?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, maybe they had connecticus roddus ejectus. Or pistonus ashtrayus. Or beltus shreddus. :eek:oh:

I read in another thread they had a problem (which they have not disclosed) and were waiting on Edelbrock for parts.

And my Edelbrock tensioner stiffener has been on order for weeks from Tillman with zero communication. I called on Friday and found out it is back-ordered - perhaps the issues are on the Edelbrock end.

Keep us updated...even if there are bumps in the road, it is good to share - especially for those of us that do our own wrenching.

As I posted elsewhere, I am VERY interested in this setup vs. the Roush TVS2300 for an upgrade to my little M90.
There is still a power issue with the kit. It has to be a component, after testing several different calibrations, 2 blower units, compression tests, key on engine run tests, coast down tests, rpm/mph, tons of datalogging, etc. etc. etc. The car is in good working order, the dyno is in good working order, the drivetrain is in good working order, etc. We're working with Edelbrock to find the snag.

The tensioners just came back in stock this afternoon and will be shipping tomorrow morning! Thanks!

Chris

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
There is still a power issue with the kit. It has to be a component, after testing several different calibrations, 2 blower units, compression tests, key on engine run tests, coast down tests, rpm/mph, tons of datalogging, etc. etc. etc. The car is in good working order, the dyno is in good working order, the drivetrain is in good working order, etc. We're working with Edelbrock to find the snag.

The tensioners just came back in stock this afternoon and will be shipping tomorrow morning! Thanks!

Chris
Is it making boost? Is the blower hard to turn without the belt on?

·
Registered
239 Posts
1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.