Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wonderin how much hp can be gained from deleting the egr valve.

·
Registered
290 Posts
i dont think theres much to be gained from it. i just did it because it cleans up the top of the engine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
There should be zero gain from deleting the EGR. If i remember correctly the EGR shuts off at WOT.

I deleted the EGR when i went turbo. No provisions on the manifolds for it.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The MPG loss, will hardly be noticeable. Also, without the EGR, your intake runners/ports etc, will stay smooth and clean.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any idea on how minimal the mpg loss will be.

·
Registered
512 Posts
i never noticed any loss in mileage since i deleted mine a couple years back, cleans up the engine bay as stated above, and no hot exhaust air circulating thru the intake tract once it's deleted.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
i never noticed any loss in mileage since i deleted mine a couple years back, cleans up the engine bay as stated above, and no hot exhaust air circulating thru the intake tract once it's deleted.
Eliminating the EGHR can cost anywhere from 1-3mpg and having it operational cools the chambers. Timing is added when operational at cruise and at WOT it is non-operational. I'll keep mine thanks, THX, mark

A quick google sedarch said about a 5% loss in mileage and a greater chance of detonation. Since it only works ar part throttle there is no power loss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts