Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I've done something wrong but I cannot figure out what :confused:

I have tapped in to the green wire w/purple stripe (pin 46) I have the wire going to an inline fuse to a toggle switch, with the other end of the toggle switch going to ground. I have tried it with the key on and off. I checked the underhood electric fan fuse and it is good.

Any help greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
863 Posts
I did it exactly how Totaled posted. Tapped the wire # 46 to a fuse for protection to a switch to control it and then to a good bare chassis ground under the dash. With the key on the high speed fan relay will engage. Just be careful of battery drain while in the pits ! I have had mine for a bout 5 months works great !

JLL

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jon, Thank you !!!!

The problem was I tapped pin 45 as I thought the only difference would be low speed instead of high speed -- not true. I tapped in to pin 46 and IT WORKS PERFECT:D :D :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks, when i was wiring it, i never could get it to work, but i never turnerd the key on either, unwired it before I tried that.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Here's how I wired mine up:

http://www.shane.roberts.net/fan.htm

I have it wired to a switch on my AFM ashtray switch panel. Works great.

Darren

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
this link is gone, anyone have the write up for how to do this
Just run a grounded switch to the signal wire for the high speed fan. I am sure you can find the pinout for the compter through a search, it has been posted a bunch.

If not let me know and I can lookup the pin.

--Joe

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Just run a grounded switch to the signal wire for the high speed fan. I am sure you can find the pinout for the compter through a search, it has been posted a bunch.

If not let me know and I can lookup the pin.

--Joe
so, do i tap the wire, kind of like the wot box, run that to a 2 prong switch, then run the other end to a ground.

i'm assuming what i'm doing is just grounding the fan with the key on

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
so, do i tap the wire, kind of like the wot box, run that to a 2 prong switch, then run the other end to a ground.

i'm assuming what i'm doing is just grounding the fan with the key on
You got it........same for the IC pump.

--Joe

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
do i need 2 seperate switches? or can they be ran into one?
That is up to you. If you always want to run both at the same time, then use one switch. If you want the option to run them independently then run seperate switches.

--Joe

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
That is up to you. If you always want to run both at the same time, then use one switch. If you want the option to run them independently then run seperate switches.

--Joe
ran 2 , already done, working perfectly. Helps just doing the box the other day, know where everythings at lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts