Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how the new OBD plug in testing for emissions (soon to be here in Philadelphia and already used in other places) would work if you have modified your car-- such as a chip, or using MIL eliminators, or changing H pipe, etc?

Tailpipe emissions testing is becoming extinct in high smog areas. What do we have to do to pass the newer tests?

·
Registered
11 Posts
In md they use the obII testing. I do not knwo about stang computers, but the LS1 can have all of the emission stuff deleted out of it, for off road purposes only cough cough.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
In the stangs they can disable the rear O2's etc, so my guess is they will just monitor to make sure all sensors are accounted for and working.

·
Registered
630 Posts
You can clear codes with a cheap code scanner from autozone. The bad thing is, if it's a big enough problem that the very next time you start the car the code comes back your screwed. I say that because here in TN they first turn the car off then on battery to check that all MIL work, then turn the car on with engine running and check again for codes and that no MIL come on. - John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts