Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jay made it to the track again this past weekend, and was able to make a couple of passes. The first pass was forgetable, as it blew the tires off right at the hit. But, he must have had a conference with his wife (or else she actually climbed in the car for the 2nd pass, I dunno ?!) Anyway, it was a bit more of a ride, even though it appears that the torque converter needs a good bit of tightenin' !! Ratt Fink caught it on tape, but really couldn't see it, until a review of the tape, due to the sun reflecting on the viewer screen.
Daayyum !!

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Richard at Strictly hooked up Jay with a Big Stuff 3 setup, and he hasn't used the NOS on the car this year as of yet. This is only his 5th pass attempt, and the only full pass attempt that has gone all the way down the track ! I will have to be ready to catch some more good vids, because I think this is gonna be getting good !

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I reckon I may have ta donate the big intake so he can pull a little more air in !!

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
thats a hella of a nice landing he had there...nice skillz

I like the intake mod, guess thats one of the BS3 benefits...no maf. Keep us updated and vids coming

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats a hella of a nice landing he had there...nice skillz

I like the intake mod, guess thats one of the BS3 benefits...no maf. Keep us updated and vids coming
Since the car stayed in the same lane, I really believe his wife was driving again. I think she was street racing while he was out of the country on business.

It is early in the game with this setup, so I plan to keep watching what's happening. It is gouing to be real interesting.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Looking good James, that SOB is going to move with more track time. I am going to guess somewhere in the 146-147mph range on just blower when he doesn't have to lift and the convertor is changed. Maybe better :bigwink:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Car is movin out! Pretty darn efficient for trapping "only" 142.

I'm assuming thats a 2.8H ? Boost?

Any details on the motor?

I like the dizzy setup, pretty sharp!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Sick run! Great job on his part by getting back into it after the lift to soften the landing.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Ratt Daddy,

Thanks again for helping out this weekend and getting some videos. It is always good to spend some time with you. Thanks again buddy.

Jay

·
Registered
952 Posts
Sweet ride. That was a hairy ride. What ignition setup is that and where do I get it? I reckon those Tarz work gooder.

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ratt Daddy,

Thanks again for helping out this weekend and getting some videos. It is always good to spend some time with you. Thanks again buddy.

Jay
Sure enough... wish we could get together and do more racin' like we used to do , bro ! You know I like catching the vids, because then we can see it many more times and work the kinks out. May have to get some training wheels on that beast for a couple passes ! !

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sweet ride. That was a hairy ride. What ignition setup is that and where do I get it? I reckon those Tarz work gooder.
I have no idea what ignotion system that is... but I looked and couldn't find any points or condensor in there nowhere ! Richard at Strictly Performance put it all together with the Big Stuff, the distributor, the valve covers, wires, and the coil.

The tarz did work on that pass !

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that looks like WAAAYYYYYYYY toooo much fun!!!! awesome driving.
Too much fun for this ole man. My front tires need to be 6" from the ground, max !!

She did do a pretty good job of drivin' !

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Car is movin out! Pretty darn efficient for trapping "only" 142.

I'm assuming thats a 2.8H ? Boost?

Any details on the motor?

I like the dizzy setup, pretty sharp!
I think "only 142 " is correct. My wimpy setup has gone 141 mph, best !
It is a 2.8 that he has had a good while, just hasn't ran it much. Probably one of the first few 2.8's made, but have no idea if it is H or what ? I think it pushed a bit over 25 psi.
Seems Jay is running about 324 ci's, if I recall correctly, with some Comp cams, but the other particulars I just don't know or remember.

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looking good James, that SOB is going to move with more track time. I am going to guess somewhere in the 146-147mph range on just blower when he doesn't have to lift and the convertor is changed. Maybe better :bigwink:
I think... better !! Somehow, I think we shall see !

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
1,207 Posts
All the 2.8's were "H"s... That thing is MOVING! I love it! Awesome video, and even better driver too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts