Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Engine Rebuild Please Help

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  No Limit Racing 
#1 ·
Im going to be rebuilding my engine and I have a few questions on what will or wont wont...

Ill start by listing what will be done..

Completely forged Shortblock With Modmax Flatops (10.5:1) and Rods, Billett Oil Pump Gears, etc...

Stage 2 ported heads by Either Fox-Lake or Total engine Airflow...

I will also be running these cams
Standard NA Crane Regrinds
Intake:
209 deg. @ .050
.452" valve lift
Exhaust: 217 deg. @ .050
.474" valve lift

I am gonna run the stock springs/Valves with these cams...Will this work?

Basically Im looking for Very good N/A Power while retaining stock Idle and Driveability...

Im trying to get to around 360 to the wheels and make an 11 sec pass in full street trim...

What would you guys do differently than I...How does this setup look to you?

See less See more
#2 ·
Alex, I think a lot of guys were having problems with the regrinds and breaking springs. Who's assembling your shortblock?

#3 ·
b1nyc said:
Alex, I think a lot of guys were having problems with the regrinds and breaking springs. Who's assembling your shortblock?
Brian...I'm gonna have TEA or Fox LAKE Fully assemble the heads, Ill be using Lash Caps instead of shims with the Cams...

I know a few Road Racers have gone the Stock Spring with Crane Regrind Route without any issues...

As for the Shortblock...I havent made a decision yet but Im leaning towards Keith Craft...

#7 ·
we have built alot of engines, and have used billett & Regrinds.
Our personal experiences have been good with both. We have never had failures with either. However the springs we have had problems with. The spring failures have nothing to do with the camshafts. The early Mod Max springs were the only ones we ever had a problem with, and it was a production problem with the springs, which we havent seen since the first sets of springs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.