Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ran a 10.? second pass in an 03 Cobra without any mods to the rear suspension, rear gears, no trans change and drag radials. Oh yeah without Nitrous, that's to easy?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am sure this coming Saturday there will be at least 2 new additions to the 10 second club if a KB is allowed.

Tommy - are you coming Saturday?

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come on Jim no KB's that's to easy. Stock stuff with bolt ons and stock suspension.

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does nobody know or does nobody want to answer? I'm only in one part of the country.

·
Registered
42 Posts
F8LBITE said:
Come on Jim no KB's that's to easy. Stock stuff with bolt ons and stock suspension.
I agree -- I was referring to a couple of KB's that will be there, not me. I am going to try for the 10's with just the bolt ons you mentioned. It will be tuff for me with no headers but you never know ;)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Jim,
I hope you see your 10's soon on stock blower and no nitrous,if anyone can accomplish this it would be you.Have you changed to a smaller upper pulley yet to run with your 6# lower,that would help lower your ET but most likely will lower your trap speeds in warmer air.

Matt

·
Registered
42 Posts
HIGH ROLLER said:
Jim,
I hope you see your 10's soon on stock blower and no nitrous,if anyone can accomplish this it would be you.Have you changed to a smaller upper pulley yet to run with your 6# lower,that would help lower your ET but most likely will lower your trap speeds in warmer air.

Matt
Thanks Matt!! I've got a 2.7 upper, Accufab throttle body & inlet, Metco Idler, Power Cooler and off road Bassani since my last run so we'll see what happens.

I look for F8lbite to run 10's for sure!

G

·
my03svtcobra said:
:lol who going to push yours Harry?

yours fixed yet ?
LOL...how do you think I shot that video last night if it wasnt fixed....duh ;)

I put her back together sat. night....weather was too nice to leave her apart waiting this weekend .....even had her out tonight raising hell out there. I hope the part I am waiting for will be done soon. I know when the part is done..it will have been done right.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm only in one part of the country.
Wish I was near Cecil . . . Our slip 'n slides suck up here in Portland, OR =(

G

·
03_Sonic_Blur said:
Harry,

are you volunteering your Cobra for Pete to tow? :D

John (I haven't taken my car apart yet, so I don't know Harry's Pain) in California
LOL...no...I think my car is faster than his now :p

I do think that I will be one of the stock blower/rear/trans guys to go 10's. IF I EVER GET MY CAR TO THE TRACK!!! :shocked

Hot Rod(I need a rollcage? I didnt know that Mr.Tech Dude)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Banned
572 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:
LOL...no...I think my car is faster than his now :p

I do think that I will be one of the stock blower/rear/trans guys to go 10's. IF I EVER GET MY CAR TO THE TRACK!!! :shocked

Hot Rod(I need a rollcage? I didnt know that Mr.Tech Dude)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
hey HotRod "iv over moded my snake"Harry

bring that snake down sunday
sean

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
High Roller another Indiana 03 Cobra owner here, I saw where U said that an upper pulley may lower trap speeds, why is that, we do a lot of street racing around here, and trap speed is important, whats the best all around combo, looks as if the 6lb lower is a good setup, by the way what do you think about the JLP ram air, i think that will be my first mod! Thanks Trey

·
Registered
246 Posts
Trey,
What i meant was when combining a 6# lower with a smaller upper like a 2.80 upper you will lose peak HP on a dyno and mph at the track especially on a warmer day but you will gain alot under the curve which should reflect on lower ET's but less mph in the 1/4.I have been dynoing alot lately with many different pulley combinations and different chips in the last few weeks and going back again today to see what combination i want for my car! The JLP CAI would be a good choice for you just look around many of the fastest times are using his CAI.Personally i feel the 12 inch is best for me I have seen Haveight run 122-124mph last year with no nos in 80 degree air with no heat shield and backing it up hotlapping after he put this filter on.I also saw a 00L trapping 108 with a 9 inch on than put a 12 inch on and ran 110mph twice right after he installed it.I believe dynos do not justify how well any CAI performs and i feel the car needs to be moving and only the 1/4 mile would be the best for testing any CAI mod.Good luck!

Matt

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Thats what I am wanting is a car that traps 122-125, whats it gonna take?? My plans are offroad X, Mac Catback, no sure which pulley and not sure whos tune?????? Not keen on the idea of mail order! Man U R starting to make that 12inch cone sound good, the JLP ram air will be 200 shipped, I am sure I can get a 12inch open ended cone for a lot less, well let me know what U would recommend for my goal , pulley wise, chip or tune wise and whatever else ! Thanks Trey Oh and by the way who does your tuning and all, Raymers place is about an 1-1/2 from here so that is an option as well!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Where in Indiana are you from Trey?? I'm right on the Illinois / Indiana border!! =)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Fear I am in a little town outside of Evansville about 20 miles, there are about 4-5 03's around and we usually get together on the weekends U should drive over on a Sat. night its a good time, u can always email me [email protected] Later Trey

·
Registered
404 Posts
Do the 11 sec guys have roll cages???????????I have the hardest time trying to practice without getting kicked off the track. With my foot hard on the brake I would have run 11.5 or lower on reg street tires, but it would have been my last at that track. So how are you guys running on a track if you don't have a cage?.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts