Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I threw an AFE air filter into the stock box and headed back out to the track.
I could NOT match the ET of last week with the WMS cold air.... Until I made some tune modifications. Ended up making some serious headway tonight. I've got to review the data logs further, and send off the tune revisions + logs to piers for review.
All in all a good night, although the temps are making the track very tricky. This was my ONLY sub 1.7 60ft of the night.

BMR Lower control arm Relocation brackets are on their way.

· Registered
1,368 Posts
E85 is my fuel of choice

I'm tempted to run back-to-back on a stock tune (modified for the off-road) with pump gas, then my 91 octane tune....just to see what the real difference is.
It would be a nice comparison.

· Registered
111 Posts
Color me impressed! I have the exact same car, but haven't starting modding yet. I'd be stoked with an 11.50 n/a time. What all mods are on this car again? I remember reading somewhere you have GT500 axle back and offroad H. What gears do you have? And if it's not too much to ask, what wheels/tires? I haven't researched enough yet to know what skinnies will clear the Brembo brakes.

· Banned
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Base Model 2012 GT with Brembo's and 3.73's
3500lb Race weight with 1/2 tank of fuel and driver (roughly 200lbs removed from stock)
Lethal Off-Road H pipe
GT500 axle back
Ported stock Intake manifold
AFE air filter
ID725 Injectors
Custom E85 Tune
RaceStar wheels (17's & 15's) with Hoosier tires (radials up front, 28x10.5's in the rear)
A bunch of Steeda suspension components, Tokico D struts/shocks
Roush upper control arm
Carbeau FX1 Pro seats, rear seat delete
Rear end girdle, Aluminum Drive Shaft
That's the gist of it...

· Registered
374 Posts
Those are awesome times/speed. Good to see more people working with E85.

Curious to see your testing between the stock airbox with stock filter vs. AFE filter. Bummer it will be dyno only, but if it makes a difference on an N/A car, I might be tempted to try it on my roushcharger setup. I like the stock box muffling the blower whine and drawing in cold air from the front of the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.