Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of replacing my exhaust with either a magnaflow or flowmaster catback. My question is....is can't I use my current system and just replace my mufflers to save money? If so which would be the best muffler to buy? I do like the deep throaty sound and I also plan on adding an o/r x-pipe.

John

·
Registered
302 Posts
You better do more than that if you ever plan to catch EITHER of my cars!:eek: :shocked :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
if you are putting on an o/r x pipe DO NOT PUT ON FLOWMASTERS. my friend has a bassani o/r x with 40 series weld in on a custom catback with 4" tips. it is the most horrible sounding stang i have ever heard. its sounds good at start up and when hes barely accelerating but when he pushes down on the gas it makes you wanna duck down in your seat so nobody sees you in this car! if your going x you need a straight through like a borla, magnaflow, bassani. yeah you could weld in the mufflers but i would get the whole catback. when i took my ford factory catback off to put my flowmaster on it was noticeably smaller in diameter than my 2.5" flowmaster.

·
Registered
302 Posts
hey, what is wrong with the O/R H and 2 chambers? That is what I have on my 96 and I love it! so does BlueVenomGT!:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
nothing wrong with h-pipe and flows. if you read a little closer i said off road x -pipe with flows. it sounds horrible

·
Registered
24 Posts
yes they sound very different.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
My Gt has 1 7/8 Mac LT's 3in Prochamber,VRS Custom 3in Catbach with race magnums.....SNOTTY!!!!
With the F1 and big Blow Off Valve it is Bad asssssssssssss...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
A Dr.gas O/R X sounds badass with flows..Any time I made a pass in the car,someone would walk up to ask what my exhaust combo was.The Dr gas gives you a Hpipe rumble @ idle,@ wot it sounds like a Nascar..It rocks.

Jimmy's car is quiet..Dont let him fool you.:)

Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts