Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new 03 Cobra Vert. I love the car, but have a few questions.
I want to do some bolt on's and keep the car, read "reliable". I have another blower car that has been a real pain in the butt this summer and want to take a step back from it.
What exhaust, pulley and cai should I use? Do I need a chip with a 2.93 pulley? What about a puller? I talked with Lynn @ Amazon performance and she had alot of info for me. She also answered alot of questions. Is this a good company?
I am not looking for a really loud exhaust, as the wife will be driving the car at times.

Thanks
Eric

·
Registered
309 Posts
Congrat's on your new ride. With what you are wanting to do, you can keep it as a "very reliable" car. Many of us have already done what you plan on doing, without issues. I installed my chip, pulley, filter, and cat-back all at the same time. The car only had 400 miles, and has been trouble-free for about 7000 miles since the install.
The filter, pulley, and chip were from Amazon Racing as well. They do a great job with their chips, for the mods you are seeking. You won't have any issue with them.
As for the exhaust, if you stick with just the cat-back, it should be fairly quiet. The stock h-pipe flows fairly well, and muffles a lot of the noise. The car is my wife's grocery getter. So I also wanted to keep the car somewhat quiet. Have fun with the car.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
With the 2.93 you will need a chip. You would also need an Idler unless you go with a RR no-slip pulley. The Amazon CAI is a very nice piece as well. Very simple yet functional. If you want a tame exhaust note, try thr FR500 cat back. It'll net you about 15rwhp but still sound stock when you aren't on it.

Yes, Amazon Racing is a good company. They'll take good care of you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts