1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
05 BOSS 302
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
From a very quick peek, I saw 14.9%.......

·
05 BOSS 302
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rate will be 23%

·
05 BOSS 302
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok did some more quick reading. For 2011 it would be 23%. For years after that it can vary and will be calculated from several sources but I haven't read how exactly that is done yet.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'd MUCH rather pay 20% sales tax than 40% out of my pay.

Assuming they don't tax utilities and stuff, it might not be all that bad.

Where you really get into trouble is when you buy a car. I have to assume they have a separate provision for that, especially given the current automotive climate.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I'd MUCH rather pay 20% sales tax than 40% out of my pay.

Assuming they don't tax utilities and stuff, it might not be all that bad.

Where you really get into trouble is when you buy a car. I have to assume they have a separate provision for that, especially given the current automotive climate.
sales tax on cars is one of the biggest scams going in this country. the damn price of the sales tax should already be figured into the price of the vehicle when you buy it, not having to fork out additional money to the government.

and it should also be a one time deal. If you buy the car brand new, you pay the sales tax. if you buy the car off of someone after it's already been driven, then there should be no sales tax after the first buyer.

if i buy a computer and pay sales tax on it the first time, then someone buys it off of me when I sell it, they don't pay sales tax. so wtf? same with a tv, or a video game system. so why the hell do we pay it on vehicles? :mad2:

just more taxation without representation.

·
05 BOSS 302
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Under the fair tax act, used goods are not taxed AFAIK.

·
Registered
154 Posts
http://www.thomas.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.25:

We should be passing this into law instead of the Stimulus Package!
Why are you not getting enough back with the 50 or so bucks a month extra in your pay:blink:
I mean with that kind of loot you could, I don't know pay your phone bill or put some gas in your tank ok one tank. The Stimulus package is a joke what a waste of money all the Obama fans will see he is just another slick talking democrat just like Kennedy.

·
In God We Trust
705 Posts
http://www.thomas.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.25:

We should be passing this into law instead of the Stimulus Package!
Yeah, little do they know they would probably triple the tax revenue coming in right now! All the illegals, drug dealers, under-the-table workers, etc would still be buying stuff as usual so instead of the government getting $0 from them in income tax they would now be getting it in sales tax! All the lazy welfare recipients would be spending their money as well giving the money they get right back to the system cuz you know their not smart enough to save any of our hard earned $$ we give them.:mad2: Oh wait a minute, can you guess who would be complaining about this??? Those that do not pay income tax right now??!! Hmm . . . why would they want to increase a tax that directly affects them?!

Excellent Thread!! :tip: . . . . glad I'm not the only one that wants this to pass!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts