Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting it here,hoping someone will see this that knows.

I can get a FAST unit off a Promod corvette for $1800.Its a $3100 dollar unit with all the sensors and a wide ban.

Now,will this work with my car?If so,do I need to buy anything to go with it to make it work?

Tim

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Cobra Killer said:
Posting it here,hoping someone will see this that knows.

I can get a FAST unit off a Promod corvette for $1800.Its a $3100 dollar unit with all the sensors and a wide ban.

Now,will this work with my car?If so,do I need to buy anything to go with it to make it work?

Tim
The best way to find out if it works is buy getting the system unit number or ecu number.
Then you can compair it to the ecu numbers listed on the fast web site to see if it is designed for what you need.

This is the systems listed strictly for the 4.6:
Ford 4.6L with EDIS 30-115000(unit) 30-125000 (ecu)
Ford 4.6L with EDIS - Wide Band Oxygen Sensing Option Included 30-115010(unit) 30-125010 (ecu)

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I strongly suggest buying everything new. You want all the firmware updates for the Ccom WP and datalogger. Plus you know what your getting. I really recommend getting FAST's datalogger as well. More and more tracks are cracking down on laptops either being in the car, or fastening them down in an impossible fasten thats very time consuming and a PITA.

Whats nice about the datalogger is that all you have to do is flick an arm switch and it will begin recording when the TPS sensor reaches 51%. YOu can also change the triggering to other sensors are a manual override. It also has the capability of datalogging 14 sensors for over 3 minutes. The DOS version can only datalog 8 sensors.

Make sure you know that the DOS version is not capatible with the datalogger, you must use Ccom WP.

On a personal note I like the DOS version better for navigation, but new computers with XP can not use the DOS version. The Ccom WP isnt that bad, and I'm already used to the navigation windows on it. I have an old P133 laptop that will not stay charged without a battery for long so I really don't use the DOS version much. I like using my new XP PC laptop as the screen is big and bright and the battery will stay charged for 40 minutes.

On another note, I strongly recommend sequential over batch fire for drivibility. You have much better control over the fuel at idle with bigger injectors than you do with batch. When I first had FAST on my car it was batch and the 83's were not that controllable. I would fowl out plugs and contstanly have to change them every race. Now, with the sequential unit, I'm getting 2-3 races out of a set of plugs and the car runs much cleaner at idle. If you decide to go with the sequential unit you have to use the cam position sensor and the FAST EDIS module which I recommend over the Ford Lincoln Mark Viii module.

I also wrote an article about the limitations of the Factory EDIS and the problems it can create. Heres the addy http://www.superstallions.com/tech/elect/edis/edis.shtml

By the way as an update to that article, MSD DIS-4HO using FAST EDIS and stock coil packs have been tested to 8800 rpms without any issues what so ever on my car at 920 rwhp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts